Friday, February 4, 2011
February 3 Lily's Visit with the Clearys
This is Lily's first official Snow Day! Since it was a snow day, Tara and Katie had spent the night and given me a great deal of help during the night. Lily slept well again, praise the Lord!! T and Katie helped after I would feed her. They took turns rocking her and putting her back to bed. It was great and gave me a lot more rest. This morning we were slow to get going. I don't know if it was the weather or what, but we just couldn't get going. I came down with Lily and we hung out and watched tv for awhile.
We spent a lot of the morning hanging out and having quiet time. Lily had quite a few fussy moments of gas. We were able to rock/bounce/jiggle our way to being ok.
Collin and Jenna came over for awhile around lunch. Jenna was the hero of the day with delicious takeout poboys from Mike Andersons. They were so yummy! Collin had never held Lily before and wasn't too eager to hold her today either. He said that she's just too tiny. Well, before they left, I wanted to take some photos. At this point, Collin decided that he could hold her for the photo. He was so cute!! Jenna made him sit down on the couch and she handed Lily to him very gently. He was so funny with her! He said, "I feel so responsible for her comfort right now." That is true. Then he said, "Well now that I'm holding her, I never want to put her down!!" and he told Jenna that he wants one. She didn't think that this was so high on the priority list.
The rest of the afternoon was pretty quiet except that each time I laid down to nap, she would fuss and need to be comforted. So, napping was out. Mom and Donna came by for a brief while and snuggled her. She is just too cute not to snuggle and kiss!!
Eric got home a little after and had daddy and Lily time. He fed her again and comforted her when she was fussy. She is having a little bit of gas issue today. I hope that tonight will be a lot better. She's had her dose of Prevacid, so maybe will begin feeling better soon.
Tara and Katie will stay again tonight and Tara is actually going to do the midnight feeding. I must admit that it is taking a lot for me to relinquish this control. I trust Tara completely, but this is my baby!! I know that everything will be fine and I will feel better for getting some sleep. We'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Collin and Jenna are too stinkin' cute! It was so sweet of them to bring you lunch. Collin looks good with a baby in his arms. They should get started on that right away . . . well, right after the wedding : )
ReplyDeleteI agree!!! More babies everywhere! Lily needs playmates!
ReplyDelete