Wednesday, February 16, 2011

February 15 My First Stroll

     (Above pic - I love the wubba nub Kate got me!)

     Last night - awful again! I feel so so sad for her! She looks at you with huge eyes as she cries and cries! It went on for hours last night! I really don't know how someone with less patience could handle this. I never thought of myself as a patient person before, but I am now! God has his ways!! (and by all means, NEVER pray for patience! That's when He'll really teach you a lesson or two!) :)
     This morning was better. She had a couple of hours of contentedness where she hung out in her stroller seat and let me get some breakfast and a couple of housekeeping things done. Stupid me, I thought this was setting the precedent for the day and thought, "Well, I'll nap this afternoon when she naps." Psych! She woke up, began crying and having tummy troubles and didn't stop for hours! I ate lunch holding a screaming baby, went to the bathroom holding a screaming baby, fed the cat holding a screaming baby...you get the idea.
     Tara the Terrific arrived at 3:30 to save us from each other! She held Lily while I, of course, took a nap. Usually I am really excited about this nap, but today I was very bummed out. Today Lily went for her first walk out of the house in her stroller and I missed it. I feel awful for missing it, but knew that I desperately needed sleep. Especially if she might have another difficult night. I slept solidly for two hours while Mimi and Great-Nanny came and went, Lily went on her first stroller walk, and had her 6 o"clock feeding.
     When I came downstairs, Eric was on the loveseat looking like he'd been beaten. Poor man, he is also so tired. We tag teamed Lily last night, so he was really, really tired. Luckily we had plenty of leftovers in the fridge, so cooking was not an issue. We both ate and prepared for bed before 8.  The plan was to get Lily down early. This was not her plan. She did not like this plan. She refused to participate in this plan! She certainly has a mind of her own. By ten, Eric was sleeping (thank goodness, he really needed it!) and Lily was just falling to sleep. Mommy was praying!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Jannean. I'm so sorry that you're not getting any rest. You're doing the right thing by sneaking in some naps when you can. Keep it up, girl! Lily is blessed to have such a patient mommy and daddy. I wish I lived closer, so I could help! Love you bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete