Wednesday, February 9, 2011
February 8 Tummy Time!
Today Lily and I had a by-ourselves day. It was a nice day, mostly. She had a few spots of tummy pains, but mostly a good day. I was not able to nap as the tummy problems were timed just so that napping was impossible! She is also still cluster feeding every two hours. Since she is still below birth weight, that is actually good. She needs to gain a little more weight!
Today we had tummy time on the activity mat that Nana and Donna bought. She started on her back, looking at all the things above her, then we got out the boppy and her toy basket. I helped to support her while Tara showed her each toy in turn. Her favorites were the ones that made loud noises! I was really surprised by this as they seem too loud for me, but then again everything is so new to her right now.
She was interested in seeing the toys for about 20 minutes, then decided that she'd had enough and began to cry. Thank goodness for the glider. I feel like I live in that glider these days! I sat with her for a while and she calmed down once more. She's such a cuddler!
She did not want to go to bed! I fed her like always and she took her prevacid, but was not interested in sleeping at all! She was up until ten! Finally at nine we just put her down and she chatted and grumbled to herself for an hour. She didn't scream, just made all her little noises.
I can't possibly describe how much I love this little one! It's like a new part of my heart was awakened when she was born. It is indescribable and almost unbelievable! She is exhausting, but so SO worth every tired minute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I just absolutely cannot wait to meet her! Everytime I read your blogs, I'm in amazement of it all...
ReplyDelete