Monday, February 21, 2011

February 21 Rice Cereal & Photo Shoot Pictures!

  
  After our tres horrible night, Eric and I were whipped! Lily has learned another new trick. Projectile vomiting. She PV-ed straight up into the air while Eric was holding her. It shot up in the air about three feet then rained down onto him, the recliner, the floor, and the wall. Neato gang.
     Our plan today was to meet my mom for lunch, then go to the doctor. Although we felt like we'd been drug under the bus, we decided to go anyway.
     Amazingly, Lily did well at the restaurant. Nana held her and she slept while we ate. She also slept on the way to the doctor. 
     We love Dr. Grier. She spends so much time with us on each of our visits. We never feel rushed and she talks about all of our issues with us. Dr. Grier suggested that we introduce rice cereal into Lily's breastmilk. This means that I will need to ramp up pumping big time. Sigh.
     Here's my "I am Stupid" story. Please, hold all laughter to a minimum. Dr. Grier said to add rice cereal to the milk. I, picturing this in my head, say, "So, I guess we'll have to make the hole in the nipple bigger?" She confirms. Still not quite sure, I ask, "So rice cereal, that's like, rice crispies?" At this, Dr. Grier burst into raucous laughter and said, "Please! Don't feed her rice crispies! Rice cereal is something totally different. It looks kind of like grits, but made of rice."
     Well, how was I to know??!!? The only frame of reference I have for rice cereal is rice crispies. Well, ya learn something every day...
     This afternoon was pretty quiet. We hung out at home. Tara came over after school and she and I took Lily for a nice, long walk around the neighborhood. Then we went out to the shop and hung out with Eric. He is in the process of building us a kitchen table. So far it looks great! Lily has now had three bottles with rice cereal, and so far so good. Thank goodness.
   This baby is so darned beautiful!!! We got the pictures from the photo shoot we did last Thursday with Mimi. They are posted below. 











 

No comments:

Post a Comment