Tuesday, February 15, 2011
February 14 My First Valentine's Day!
"Sleeping at night is for losers!" I think that this must be Lily's motto, cause she does not like to sleep at night! Cry? Yes. Get Mommy out of bed countless times? Yep. Try and kill Mommy with sleep deprivation? Uh-huh! So . . . this was a tired day!
You would think that a tired day would = sleep. You would be wrong! All day today she would cry, eat, poop, repeat. All day. She only slept in 30 minute spells, which is not enough time for Mommy to get any sleep.
Finally she went down for an actual nap around four. Tara (my nap time savior!) was here by then and sent me up to my bed. Thank Tara and thank God! I was out like a light for two hours. Eric woke me up when he got home and it was time to come downstairs for a little Valentine's celebration.
Eric and I exchanged gifts. He is so wonderful! He KNOWS me so very well! (He gave me purple and gold vases and plates for my table settings! Pj pants and a cardigan) Lily gave Nanny her gift and Nanny and Mimi had gifts for Lily. Lily "wrote" mommy and daddy a poem for Valentine's day. Talk about make me tear up! It was beautiful! Thanks, Nanny, for helping her! :)
In the evening, Eric and I went to dinner with the Torrances while Tara babysat! It was lovely. I am back to all pre-pregnancy clothes (except for nursing bras. I have 4 pounds left to lose), so dressed up nicely. Eric wore one of the new dress shirts I'd given him for V day, and we had a nice grown-up night.
The "nice night" wore off quickly. Lily was up again a lot of the night with gassy crying. It got so bad, Eric got up and helped me with her. We tag teamed her for most of the night. Until 3am, I had 45 minutes of sleep! I was ready to lose my mind when Eric came in and took over. Thank goodness! I can't wait for this gassy phase to pass. Pray for her tummy!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so sorry to hear that her tummy is still hurting. You're in my prayers. I hope that the doctor can give you an answer at her next appointment. Hang in there, Mama! Much love from the Dupuys : )
ReplyDelete