Monday, February 7, 2011

February 6 Lily's First Superbowl!

   
      Growth spurt maybe?? Lily slept well until 3am, then wanted to eat every hour and a half for several hours. The books say that sometimes babies do this when they are having a growth spurt and that moms shouldn't worry, just feed the hungry baby. So, I fed the hungry baby. She wasn't kidding either, she really was hungry! We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, so we'll see if she's grown. I hope she has.
     I did all of the nighttime feedings without Eric because I wanted to let him sleep in for at least one day of his weekend. Tara pitched in and helped for a couple of them. This let Eric get some rest and take care of her later in the morning so that I could go back and get some sleep. Parenting is so much easier when there is more than one person doing it! I can't imagine how single parents cope with the responsibilities and lack of sleep.
     Eric and Tara took Lily for a walk around the yard this morning. It was nice for her. She was super alert and looked around a lot, taking everything in. She is SO curious!



     After her walk around with Daddy and Nanny, Eric and Tara wen to their grandparents for a while while I stayed home with the wee one. Katie remained with us to help out if we needed anything. I jokingly say that Lily has a "staff", but she kinda does! She kept eating every hour and a half or so and was super fussy and squirmy! At five, her Mimi and Pappy came over to watch the Super Bowl and Leah came by with her friend, Anthony. This is when she really kicked it up a notch and began her pre-Prevacid type screaming. Although it was upsetting to see her in pain, I felt much better equip to handle it. Mimi and I took her into the kitchen, away from the game watchers, and did all the little tricks we knew. She slowly began working the gas out of her tiny system. My mom stopped by and brought us the most delicious looking and tasting cake ever (I'd bought her a cake decorating class for her birthday). She took her for a while and by the time she calmed down from gas, was crying because she was hungry! We fed her from a bottle to see what she was getting and she is now taking about 2.5 ounces over the course of about an hour.
     During her crying match, I asked everyone who'd been at our house that day if they'd changed a pooey diaper. No one had. I had changed the last one in the middle of the night. I figured this was the cause of some of her angst and waited for the poop to arrive. And boy did it ever!!!!!!
     After everyone had gone home, I was changing her. When I exclaimed how full her diaper was, Eric came over to help. We were cleaning her up when she let out the most raucous fart ever! Right in my face! Then she started to pee everywhere. We were quickly trying to catch in all in the dirty diaper when she let loose. It was like someone stepped on a tube of toothpaste. The poop came squirting out everywhere! We folded the already dirty diaper in half and she filled the top of it. Then whipped it out from under her and put a wipe under her bottom. That was quickly filled also. It just kept coming and coming with such force and volume that Eric and I were hysterical! There was nothing else to do but laugh and try to keep her as clean as possible! It was the most amazing amount of poo I've ever seen. Not that I make a habit of watching people poop, but really, it was impressive!
     I can't believe I'm blogging about poo. 
     :)

No comments:

Post a Comment