Friday, February 11, 2011

February 11 A Fussy Kind of Day

     Last night was rough! Lily cried until 1:00am. Eric slept the whole time since he had to go to work today. I thought I was going to lose my mind. I love Lily to the moon and back, but after caring for a screaming baby by myself for several hours, I just sat on the floor with her and rocked us both. Finally she quieted and was able to rest and I went to bed too, but not for long. She was up several times during the night whining and feeling tummy aches. Poor baby. I hate seeing her cry with tummy pains. I really hope that this phase passes quickly.
     Today was spent mostly having tummy aches and trying to recover from the fitful night. All day she either tried to rest, but moaned and grumbled in her sleep, cried, or ate. Tara came over after she got out of school on a half day. She watched the grumbly baby while I get a few hours of sleep, then we traded. Katie arrived early afternoon and took over while I did some house things.
   When Eric got home, we took advantage of the babysitters and went to the grocery store. We were just leaving when my mom, Nana, called with dinner offers. They'd made lots of food and had plenty for us, so we drove by and picked up some very delicious jambalaya, pasta salad, and deviled eggs. Thank you, mom, for a free, fast, and yummy meal! This let us eat quickly when we got home and have cuddle time with Lily! Eric wanted her, since he'd missed her all day. We sat together on the couch, with Lily on his chest, and cuddled. I love this time with them. It is so heart warming to watch her asleep on his chest. Ahhh, my heart is full of love! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment