Saturday, February 5, 2011
February 4 Lily's First Fire! Thanks, Daddy!
Last night was superb!! Lily slept like a champion! Tara did a bottle feed at midnight and let me sleep through. It was the most sleep I've had since Lily was born! Five hours in a row!!
Today we've been able to do lots of fun things. Lily's tummy has felt pretty great, so we have been able to enjoy Eric's roaring fire. We've played board games, watched some TV, done some light housework, and visited.
Mimi came over with massive gifts for Lily! She brought two cases of diapers, a diaper warmer, and a lovely newborn infant sleeper. This is a thing for newborns with acid reflux issues to sleep in. It is at a 45 degree angle, like her car seat, but it is meant to sleep in and is portable. We can bring it up and down the stairs very easily so that she can sleep in it during her naps. I think it will be great! Thanks, Mimi!!!!!
This evening we had several visitors to see little Lily. First was Eric's college engineer friend, Vince. Poor Vince was here only a little while when Lily has the most massive puke yet. All over herself and me! I took her upstairs to change, becasue there was no salvaging our clothes. Well, you can tell that I am a new mom because of what happened next. I quickly pulled her little onesie up over her tiny head and . . . proceeded to smear the puke all up her face, into her ear, and onto her head. Basically, I covered my kid with vomit.
So, She had her first body part by body part sink bath. I put a fluffy, absorbent towel on the counter in her bathroom and washed one body part at a time, keeping all others covered and warm. She was very good for the bath, but still cried. She didn't hate it as much as the bath in the baby tub though. And now she smells so good! The best part, though, is that when I was done her hair stuck out at all angles and felt like baby duck down. So soft, sweet, and adorable! It was so funny to see her hair like that that I couldn't put a hat on her little head without everyone else seeing how cute she was! I giggled each time I looked at it for well over an hour. What a mom!
As Vince was leaving, Brittany and Jacob were pulling in. Tara and Katie had gone to get us dinner, so we all sat, ate, and visited for quite a while. "The Godfather", as he wishes to be known, gave Lily a beautiful gift - her first bible! It is beautiful, soft pink leather bound with ribbon trim and a place for a little picture of her. It is so pretty and sweet. Jacob joked that it was the one appropriate thing he's done so far. I love that guy!
They stayed for quite a while and held Lily. They both look so natural holding a baby. Time for a Torrance baby!!! Lily needs age-appropriate playmates! The Falgouts were supposed to visit this evening, but due to the really terrifble weather, we've postponed. Soon though!
As soon as the Torrances took their leave, I had to go to bed! I'm such an old lady. . . or a mom. So tired when the sun goes down that I can barely stay awake.
Thank you PREVACID!! Lily now sleeps for quite a while at night. She's had a few fussy points here and there, but mostly sleeps from feeding to feeding at night. Her periods of wakefulness during the daytime are getting a little longer also. I think that she is beginning to figure out her days and nights. Yay Lily! She continues to hate being bathed or changed, but other than that, is a very content little lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



You are such a sweet Mommy--those little sleeper things look awesome. I'm totally getting one for our next baby! Glad she's doing better at night!
ReplyDelete