Friday, February 18, 2011
February 18 Poo-stravaganza!
Last night can be summed up in two words : MOTHER LOAD!!!!!!!!!!!
I went to bed a little early and Eric stayed up to feed Lily her 11:00 bottle. He didn't come to bed afterward since Lily was fussy. A little after midnight Eric stuck his head in the door and tensely called out, "Jannean, I need help!" I was out of bed and running down the hall while simultaneously putting on my pj pants and was at their side in about three seconds. Upon looking at Lily, my first thought was, "Oh my God, her belly button came undone and her guts are coming out! We need to get the the hospital NOW!"
When rational thought returned to my mind, I realized that what I was seeing was not, in fact, guts. It was poo! The most amazing amount of poo that I've ever witnessed. It was squirting out of every diaper opening. Up her tummy. Down her legs. Smeared all over her back. Everywhere! Poor Eric did not know what do to.
The only thing to do was to give her a bath. I carried her to the bathroom and began to remove her onesie. Then I remembered the rookie mistake I made with the puke getting in her hair. It was an old, hand-me-down onesie, so I sent Eric for scissors. We cut it off of her and removed the ten-pounds-of-poop diaper. A quick bath later and she was once more clean, and really really happy!
All the fussiness of the week was summed up in this one diaper. She slept like none other! She was so happy and peaceful! She did not want to wake up for her 3am feeding. She slept like a rockstar! YAY Lily!!!
Today was a GREAT day!!! It began with a visit from Granny who brought Lily a sling. It goes around my neck and one shoulder and she goes in it snuggled up to my tummy. We put it in the baby bag and quickly got ready to leave. These are pictures of Lily in the sling!
We had a lunch date with Mimi! We brought Lily downtown to the governmental building where Mimi works and introduced her to all of Mimi's coworkers. They loved her!!! We fed her a bottle there and then went to Capital City Bistro for lunch. It was a terrific lunch! Everyone who saw her smiled and made complimentary remarks. She was so sweet. She mostly slept, but when she did stir, she was such a sweetie!
After lunch we went by a couple of stores. One store we went by was . . . . Home Depot! Eric was so excited to bring her to his favorite place! Mostly she slept, but even in HD, she solicited comments from others. People are just drawn to babies!
She began to cry on our way home. Time for second lunch! Tara was waiting for us and fed her when we arrived home and then we went for a walk! We only went around the block, but Lily got to meet our neighbors, Jill and Chris. They are nice people and thought Lily was super cute. (Cause she is!!) After our walk, we went home. We hung out at home for a while, fed her, and cuddled. She is such the sweetheart! She is beginning to show a little personality. I just love kissing and cuddling her!
Nana and Donna came over a little after 7 for Mommy and Daddy to go out for a meal and a Wal-Mart shop. Home Depot was good today, but Wal-Mart shoppers are CRAZY and Lily is sooo not ready for that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment