Wednesday, February 2, 2011

February 2 Lily Rocks!


     Last night, Eric took the late shift (11pm feeding), since he can bottle feed her now. he sent me to bed to get some sleep before what we figured would be another tough night. Surprise!!!! She SLEPT! Her feedings were at 2 and 5 and she woke up for those and only two other times. Once she awoke because her little hat had worked its way over her eyes. Well, I'd probably cry too it I couldn't see! This morning she woke earlier than her feeding, but entertained herself in her chair. It was terrific! I feel like a human being, as opposed to a zombie, and Lily is so much calmer today!
    So calm, in fact, that I was able to keep her in her chair and she rested, looked around, and watched me wash my face and get dressed. By the way, the things on her hands are socks. When she woke up with the hat incident, her little hands were freezing! Well, she is a genius at taking off the mittens, so I improvised. I found the smallest, fluffiest socks she had and put them on her hands. They go almost up to her shoulders, but do the trick! (below: watching Mommy get ready!)
  

  After watching Mommy get ready, we came downstairs and I was able to cook a little breakfast, pump, and situate us in the living room before the first cry. She cried a little off and on, but each time was able to be soothed within 10-15 minutes and was calm again. This is more like what I though being a mom would be like - balancing doing things around the house with caring for my little pea. This puts yesterday to shame!
     We got to do so many things! We read books, danced in the living room, sang nursery rhymes, swung in the swing, napped, and basically just had a great day! Deryn came by for a little while and hung out, and Nanny came by after work.
     Notably - this is the world's strongest baby! If you put her on her back, she uses her head to flip herself onto her side, then inch-worms her way all over the place! She can kick like a soccer player and punch her little arms like a boxer. She is the strongest baby ever! She loves her arms and can move them all around. She can lift her head and look around and face other directions. She is so super cool!
     This evening Mimi and Pappy came by for a little visit. I was feeling pretty great, so I made dinner with a little help from Tara and Katie. We all ate and little Lily was so sweet. I really hope that this great-feeling tumminess continues. She is a different baby when she feels well.


     Tomorrow was declared a snow day!!!!! YAY!!! Katie and Tara are both off, so they are going to stay the night with us tonight and help out if Lily needs anything. Renita has gone home for a night off. She also has the day off tomorrow, so she can get a little R&R too. All in all, this was a super terrific day! I pray for many many more like it!
I love my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment