After another night of Tara and Katie's help, Eric and I were feeling rather productive this morning. Eric went outside to his shop do work on a bench that he is making for the back yard and I was able to shower and get ready for the day. When I came down, we dressed Lily in a new outfit that Tara had bought her last night. So darned cute! Of course, I think she's cute in everything! Lol!
After we changed, dressed, and fed her we headed off for our first big out of the house adventure! We headed to Eric and Tara's Mawmaw's house on the other side of Baton Rouge. Lily loved the car! She spent the entire ride looking out the window. She was so calm and happy!
We usually go to Mawmaw's each Sunday for lunch, but we haven't gone since Lily arrived. This was her debut! We had such a great time! Lily's baby tummy cooperated and everyone was super excited to see her! Eric's Pawpaw Elmo and his cousins got to meet her for the first time. After washing hands, several people took turns having Lily cuddle time. By the time we'd been there for a while, I actually missed her and it was time to cuddle Mommy again!
Our trip home was equally as uneventful as the trip there. Lily really seems to like the car! This is great as Eric and I are usually on the go!
Now we are having quiet time. lily is asleep on my chest as I type this out. What a wonderful feeling. A full, clean, and happy baby girl asleep on my chest. I love her!

No comments:
Post a Comment