SATURDAY February 19
Oh, what a great night! Not to get my hopes up too high, but maybe things are going to settle down in this household now! Katie stayed the night and did the middle of the night feedings. All I had to do was get up and pump. I also did the early morning feed to let Eric sleep in a little bit. He got up with her later and let me sleep. Give and take!
Today was a house work kind of day. Eric and Tara worked outside all day long! They cleaned up the yard in preparation for sod, moved some things around, and made the spring garden! Hopefully our baby plants will take off and make us some good veggies!
For me, Katie watched Lily while I did house work this morning. Then Mimi came over and took over. My dad (Grampy), Jeanne, and Cayman came over briefly on their way to Granny's house. This was Cayman's first time to meet the baby cousin born on his birthday! Unfortunately, I'm a big dufus and forgot to take pictures!
Lindsay came over and cooked us a delicious shrimp pasta! It was spicy and delicious! Layla and Aidan came over and hung out for a while too. It was great hanging out and having good, adult conversation! Layla has been a wealth of information about all sorts of motherhood issues. I don't know what I'd do without her brain to pick!
This evening Eric, Tara, Lily, and I are just having some quiet time. Lily showed us her new trick!!! She can suck her thumb!!!!!!
Hopefully a quiet evening will follow!
SUNDAY February 20
Sooooo tired! Tara spent the night with us last night and none of us got any sleep! Lily had a pitiful night. She hasn't pooped since Thursday, although she grunts and groans and pushes. I really think she needs to poop, but it's not happening! I called the doctor this morning and they said that at this age, babies intestines begin slowing down to allow the baby to absorb more nutrients. This means that they don't poop as readily, but apparently, breastfed babies only "need" to poop once a week! That said, they said that we could try a glycerin suppository and a baking soda bath. I don't know why baking soda, but that's what they said...
We tried both things and neither were immediately productive. Although she was fussy we decided to go to Mawmaw's house anyway. Tara's argument was that there would be many people to love on her and hold her and we could get a break. True that. She loves the car and the ride over there settled her a lot. She slept and ate peacefully while we were there.
I, on the other hand, took a huge nap! I slept for two hours so soundly that I was pretty disgruntled when Eric came to wake me. I was confused and bummed to have to wake up! All in all, a great trip to Mawmaw's.
Leah came for a little visit Sunday evening. Lily was quiet and seemed pretty happy. She also made a BIG poop! We were so excited!!!!! We really pinned our hopes on this poop! Hope that she would settle down and sleep!
FALSE. Not only did she NOT sleep, she had the worst night of her wee little life as far as getting sleep goes. She never slept for more than 45 minutes ALL NIGHT! I took care of her until 2am, but then began feeling a little crazy and woke Eric. From there on, we took turns all night. Exhausting!





No comments:
Post a Comment