After our first official night with no outside help, I was feeling pretty confident and just a little sleepy. I got Lily up, bathed, fed, changed, and ready to go to her follow up doctor's appointment. They are monitoring her fairly closely since she's such a little thing. Just before we left, Tara showed up. She'd taken the day off for a migraine but came to help us with the appointment.
We got there on time this time, impressive. She's grown .75 of an inch and 2 ounces! Go Lily! She still has not regained birth weight, but is getting there slowly. I was just super happy to hear that she's gaining! Dr. Grier (who I love btw), answered all of my questions and checked out our girl. Clean bill of health.
I described to her how we couldn't keep Lily in the room with us to sleep because it sounds like an old lady conference is going on. With all of Lily's grunting, moaning, "talking", sighing, and gurgling it's like being at an old lady conference and is quite impossible for me to sleep. Dr. Grier laughed at the analogy and assured me that it's fine. Babies are, apparently, notoriously loud sleepers. Who knew!??!
She continues to teach me new things daily. So today when she had an encore performance of Poop-Fountain, I was prepared! Unfortunately she also puked whilst performing. It was a double ended performance. I couldn't manage to keep both ends clean, so poop and puke got on her clothes, demanding a costume change. Ah well, :)
Today I listened to the old adage to sleep when the baby sleeps. We had a glorious nap together!
This evening Mimi and Katie came over for a little visit. Tara had made meatball subs, so we all ate together and played with little Lily.
She and Tara played the cutest game! Tara would click her tongue and kiss her little face really fast. Lily's eyes would get HUGE and surprised looking. So darned cute!! Now we're having some quiet time before an early to bed night.
No comments:
Post a Comment