Saturday, February 12, 2011
February 12 Falgout Day!
Thank you Katie and Tara for a lovely night of help! I should have gotten to sleep a lot last night, but Mommy ears are very sensitive and I had somewhat of a tough time sleeping soundly. Eric was up for the early morning feeding and took over for the ladies.
Today we had a lot to look forward to! Mommy bathed and got ready, then Tara and I bathed Lily and dressed her in her cutie coming home outfit. Since she is still teeny weenie (6 pounds 1.5 ounces as of last Monday), she fits into it perfectly! After bathing, lotioning, and dressing the little babe, she was hungry. Obviously. I fed her and she was lights out! We put her in her vibrating chair for a little nap and, true to form, her little arms were so cute and funny!
It wasn't long before Rory and Rene came over! They brought everything we needed for a delicious lobster and scallop dinner with roasted corn and Rene's amazing salad! For dessert were fruit cups with cookies and chocolate. Amazing!
Unbelievably, the minute they walked in, Lily began a major squawk fest! She cried for quite a little while, but soon quieted down. Rory and Rene were awesome with her. They held her, spoke to her, and played with her. Rory even fed her. They are such naturals with the baby, it was excited knowing that their own baby will be here soon and will be so well taken care of and loved. I can't wait to see their baby and see both babies playing together. Or napping together, since it will be a while before they can legitimately "play".
Vince and his girlfriend Melissa stopped by for a while also. They are also naturals with babies. Melissa held Lily until she had a little crying spell.
I took over then and she quieted down fairly quickly. She definitely knows me. That is such a cool feeling. She looks at my face when I talk to her and I know that she is comforted by me. I may not be able to comfort her when she is screaming with tummy pains, but I know that she knows that I am here for her. That is an amazing feeling.
We spent the afternoon hanging out at home with Tara, Katie, Lindsay, Rory, and Rene. Just like pre-baby times, we just hung around, talked, and laughed. Lily hung out on Rory's chest and was so content. Yay!
Mom and Donna stopped by to see her for a little while in the evening. They did a little impromptu babysitting while we all ran down to Brewbacher's for dinner. It was nice to get out and nice for them to spend a little alone time with the baby girl. When we came home I was so excited to see her! Whenever I don't see her, even if it's just for a few minutes, I am so excited to see her again! She is beautiful and sweet all over! What a lovely girl!
When we were home and all was quiet, Eric sat on the couch with her and went through his music, singing to her. Amazing! He is so sweet with her and she was really into the music and singing. She was really alert for a while. Lucky girl! Lucky Daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I'm so glad that she's getting a lot of use out of the vibrating chair! Yay, Aunt Layla!!!
ReplyDelete