Sunday, March 27, 2011

March 24-27 Family Time!


THURSDAY
     Today was an extraordinarily busy day! Lily was with her Mimi at home, which was great as she sends me photo updates throughout the day. That is the best!
     After work, I had a meeting for a couple of hours and made it home at about 6:15. We were supposed to have been at Boutin’s restaurant at 6:00. Mrs. Renita was wonderful and had Lily all ready to go when I arrived home. I picked her up and we headed the five minutes to the restaurant.
     Lily had a fussy day Wednesday and Thursday, and this continued at Boutin’s. She was pretty good for the first 45 minutes or so, but then we had to leave as she was a bit too fussy. It was a nice dinner though. It was nice to see everyone; family in from England, Grampy, Granny, etc. It was very nice and Lily was loved on!!
     When she got too fussy, I was ready to take her home. It was nearly 8:00 and Eric and I have been trying to be really diligent about respecting and preserving her bedtime. I took her home, fed her, and was trying to get her to go down when Grampy and Nina arrived. This Friday was Grampy’s first day with Lily. He’d come over to learn about Lily’s routine and where her things are kept. Lily cried the whole time he was at the house.
     Right after he left, Nana called. Lily was full-out screaming at the top of her lungs. Nana said she’d be right over. This evening was Eric’s first poker night with guys from work, so I was all alone and Lily was UN-happy! I accepted the help when Nana offered to ride over for a few minutes. That’s the nice thing about being so close; we are literally a 5 minute ride away!
     Nana arrived and took Lily so that I could pump and shower. I was as quick as I could be and took Lily back promptly. I was so appreciative for the help! Just a shower can make a world of difference!
     I sat and rocked and cooed to Lily for quite a while before she finally gave in to sleep. Even asleep, she was restless.
     Eric finally got home and he offered to do her middle of the night feeding. Thanks, babe!

FRIDAY
     Friday was Grampy’s first day with Lily. I was a little nervous as Dad gets very nervous around very small babies and she is just that! A very small baby! He arrived early and off to work we went. The day went by quickly with lots of things to do. Nana had a half-day and so she stopped by at lunch to check on her. I received a couple of pictures via text which made me super happy!
     Friday evening, I had a wake to go to. The world lost a wonderful woman and teacher this week, Mrs. Carolyn Howard. She was the first reading teacher that I ever worked with and had the pleasure of knowing her for five years before her departure to heaven. Her wake was nice, with lovely photos of her and several of her students coming by. Layla and I had gone together to offer each other and the family our support and love.
     When I arrived home Eric, Lily, and Tara met me at the car. We zipped over to Jason’s Deli for a quick dinner. Lily slept the whole time! Lovely! Eric and Tara swore that she’d screamed the whole time I was gone. It always seems to be like that. Whoever she’s with gets the brunt of her screaming, and the new person to come home gets her smiles and peaceful sleep. It’s so not fair to the person who was with her all day!
     Tara slept the night over at our house on Friday night and helped with the night feeding. She had a stretch of SIX HOURS of sleep! AMAZING!!!!
 
SATURDAY
     Saturday began peacefully at home. We slept and rested around the house until it was time to prepare to get going for the day. My aunt Gwenda’s wedding was Saturday out in Folsom and Eric and I thought that was a little far to go with the baby not knowing what to expect when we got there.  Since Eric, Lily, and I were dressed up, we took a couple of family photos out on our porch.


     Nana kept Lily and Eric and I headed out to the country.
     It was a nice wedding and was wonderful to visit with our relatives from England. Eric had a great time talking about cultural similarities and differences between the two countries. There was a big after party after the reception, but Eric and I were eager to get back to town to Lily.




     It was quite a drive home and Eric and I grabbed a quick dinner before we went home. It was SO NICE to spend so much time with him today. We don’t get nearly enough time together now! Somehow life seems to be flying past at warp speed. We are adjusting a little better to life with baby and are having a much better time as a family. Establishing and sticking to our routine is certainly very helpful!
     Nana said that Lily had been very good all day and had made the motherload of poops. Lily had a bath, a nap, and was generally very sweet! Of course she was! She is such a sweetie!
     Eric and I loved on Lily for awhile and attempted to put her to bed. She was not interested! Eric had put her in her infant sleeper, but she was super fussy. I went in and rocked her for a bit, but as soon as I’d put her back down, she’d cry! This cycle repeated a few times before I realized that she wanted to be in her crib and not her sleeper. Unfortunately, we’d stripped her crib that day but hadn’t remade it yet. So… at ten o’clock Eric and I were cramming the mattress into the very tightly fitted sheet. She swaddled her, kissed her, turned on her mobile, and off to sleep she went! For SIX HOURS!!! She is such a good sleeper! (Sometimes . . . ) Unfortunately, at three a.m., she was up for an hour and a half. So was I. Ah well..

SUNDAY
     Sunday morning was brunch time!!! Lily, Tara, Lindsay, Jessica, and I met at La Madeline’s for a yummy brunch! It was so much fun! All women need a group of ladies to hang out with! We always have such fun! Eric joined us at the end of the brunch as got himself some coffee and a muffin. Lily was great the whole time! We all took turns holding her and even when she made her “sad face”, its so cute that it just makes you smile!



     After brunch we headed to Mawmaw’s house. I can’t tell much about it because as soon as I’d eaten, I slept away the afternoon! I was unbelievably tired! Luckily, there are many pairs of loving arms at Mawmaw’s for her to rest in!
     This evening, Tara and I took Lily with us to Target and Winn Dixie while Eric had man time in his man cave. She slept the whole time!! I guess she was making up for last night! The evening, she was super sweet. I fed her, changed her, gave her a wash-cloth bath, loved on her, and Eric put her to bed.
     I am so lucky that Eric and I share responsibilities! He is so great of putting her to bed. We are definitely getting into our groves as far as choosing and becoming good at different aspects of Lily’s care. He puts her to bed, I dress her. He gets up with her in the mornings, I bathe her. She is a lucky little girl, but we are extremely BLESSED parents!

No comments:

Post a Comment