Sunday night was a nice family evening. Eric played with Lily so well! He put her on her tummy on the sofa and had tummy time with her. Talk about cute! Lily is so strong, too! She lifts her little head and looks all around!
Also, on Sunday evening, Lily decided to see just how weird/gross she could be. I was changing a pooey diaper, which is gross enough, when she puked a pretty good volume. As it ran down her face and into her ears, she sneezed. Right. Into. My. Face! Now she and I both had faces smeared with milk-puke. Yum!
Sometime afterward, when she was all cleaned up, I was kissing her little mouth. She French kissed me! I was shocked. I went to kiss her little mouth and she stuck her tongue out and right into my mouth. Interesting...
Today was shots day. I stayed home from work with her because I couldn't bare the though of not being with her and was preparing for the worst as far as reaction to the vaccines goes. Eric came home at lunch and we set off to the doctor. We were there forever! It must be shots time for many babies as there were a lot of infants there. Poor babies! Dr. Grier came in and spent so much time with us! She is really great about that. She answered all of our questions, asked us a lot of questions, and assured us that we are doing a great job with Little Pea. Next...shots. We had to wait nearly 40 minutes for the nurse to come in with them. This waiting was making me a nervous wreck! The nurse was very sweet and efficient. She had the three shots done in no time. Lily did not get as upset for this series as she did for the first shot last month. She did better than I! My baby is a rockstar!!! (below: waiting for the doctor) She is up to 8 pounds 11 ounces and 22 inches long! She is still in the 10th percentile, but growing which is just perfect!
We planned a low-key, at home afternoon. Lily was pretty great. She was fussier than usual, but I thought she did impressively. We'd given her Tylenol proactively just in case. I think it did the trick as she did not develop knots at the injection sites and never spiked a fever.
She went down a little fussier than usual, but slept a full five hours! It is amazing to watch her grow and mature. She can already do many of the 2 month milestones from the pamphlet Dr. Grier gave us such as hold her head up for short periods of time, stand with support, sleep 4+ hours at night, and look at bright objects. The only one we're waiting on is her smile!!!



No comments:
Post a Comment