Thursday, March 17, 2011

March 17 Party with Mimi!

   Last night, Lily made a super-poop such that we had to give her a bath. The sink in the kitchen, where we usually bathe her in the little newborn tub, was full of dinner dishes. We had to bathe her upstairs for the first time. This tub is bigger, but has a newborn recliner chair in it. Holy moly!!!! She LOVED it!! She had the best bath of her little life! She stretched out, kicked her little legs, waved her arms, grabbed onto the side of the tub.


     I dripped water on her teeny nose and she made the funniest faces! I can't wait until she can laugh! I am sure that she would have been laughing last night!







     Mimi spent the night with us and did all of Lily's night feedings. It was wonderful! I got 8 hours of sleep! It was great, but I woke up MISSING Lily so much! This was the hardest day yet of work because I missed her so much all day. Pumping at work is going well and I am increasing my yield. Earlier in the week, the stress of the schedule change, missing Lily, and work in itself had wrecked my volume. Now its coming back up and I am crazy relieved!
     Eric got home early today! He was able to join us on our evening walk! We do 3.2 miles and have been increasing our run-time every couple of times. We are up to about 9 short runs within the 3.2 miles. Lily loves these times. She likes the walks and runs and looks around interested. Today the sun was pretty bright, so we had to keep putting up the sun screen.



     When we got home, it was time to Prevacid and feed her. Tara fed her, I made up the bottles, and Eric made dinner. It was a real group effort! We all ate and now are having quiet time in the living room. Eric and I are being aware of our 8 o'clock curfew and have dimmed the lights to calm Lily and get her to sleep. I am blogging and Lily is cuddled into her Daddy's chest. A wonderful, family night!

3 comments:

  1. Man, pumping at work is a pain. I'm glad it's working out for you and that your volume is keeping up! I've been having issues with it, so that's a great thing to not have to worry about! Are you doing just breastmilk or are you also using formula? Do you nurse or just use bottles? We may be supplementing with formula soon, so I'm trying to figure out some of our options. :)

    Lily is too cute!!! Her little bathtub is awesome and her little sad faces are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it can be! I try to make it something to look forward to by bringing baby magazines with me. I had a big problem the first few days and we ended up having to dip into our freezer reserve of milk. I got really upset about it and did a lot of research. A lactation nurse recommended the herb fenugreek. I bought it at GNC. It smells really awful, but my milk supply is back up to what it was before I went back to work.
    I nurse and use bottles. I can't give up that closeness that I feel with breastfeeding! I've been pumping since the beginning and had to start with bottle feeding at week 2 per my pediatrician. Lily was just so small that we had to make sure she was getting enough to eat. That was tough! We had to feed her two ounces every two hours around the clock! She's bigger now and is allowed to self-advocate when she eats! YAY!
    I'm sorry to hear that you are having troubles! Maybe try the fenugreek?

    Thank you! I agree! I love every little face she makes! Every single time I look at her, I fall in love all over again! I'm sure you know that feeling! Camille is such a doll! I love her precious little round face! Brian must be enamored!

    How is the new job in Central?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay--it took me a while to remember to come back and look for your reply. Why can't we get notifications about responses? :)

    Anyway--yeah--I tried the Fenugreek and it does help a lot, but I'm still not where I should be supply wise. Plus she's almost 6 months so she needs almost 6 oz at each bottle--she just needs way more than I can make and get out with pumping. She still nurses in the evenings and does fine and on the weekends I get to nurse her in the mornings too so that is nice. We still give bottles at my two pumping times because I just don't make as much at that time of day.

    I'm about to blog about the whole formula thing--I started supplementing this weekend with it and I have very mixed feelings about it. In the end, Camille got nothing but breastmilk for 5 and a half months, so I feel really good about that. You are doing an awesome job--you guys seem to get to go do all kinds of fun things and you're nursing--that is awesome!

    The new job is pretty much the best job there is in my field. I love it! Things are going well and I know tons of people here since I'm from here, so it's kind of nice to feel like part of the community. I'm excited about being able to take Camille to football games and all and have people know us and to get involved. I just couldn't do that as easily in WBR, even though I loved it there too.

    Keep up the great work Mamma Dixon!

    ReplyDelete