Wednesday, March 9, 2011

March 8 Mardi Gras!

We had a bit of a regression last night. Poor Lily had some awful tummy problems and cried/screamed/whined from 3:30 am until about 10:00 AM! I sat with her, rocked her, swung her, patted her. . . . .
At ten, Lily and I went to wake up Nanny! Nanny stayed last night, but slept in as she was up with Lily earlier in the night.
     Although Lily was still fussy, we decided to venture out thinking that the car might soothe her. We were right! We went to Varsity sports so that I could grab a new pair of running shoes. Unsuccessful! Closed for Mardi Gras. Who knew?? We stopped by Jimmy John's for a quick lunch and headed home for a little while.
     We had a plan to meet Mimi and Mrs. Marilyn at their studio at 1:30, but in the meantime Tara and I worked on the 2011 yearbook! Lily slept in her carrier, then ate lunch like a darling!
     We arrived on time for the portraits. Then, spent 3.5 hours taking different series of shots. She was much happier this time than last time, but still got frustrated right at the end. I have to admit, 3.5 hours is way too long for a baby! Here's a preview of her pics. I'll post more tomorrow when I have time to edit them all.


     In the evening, Lily went to have a little R&R with Nana while mommy and daddy went to eat sushi. I'd fed her right before so that I could pump and dump the sushi milk. I've had sushi a couple of other times and it has NOT agreed with Lily's tummy. We were only gone about an hour, but when we returned to love on Lily she was still awake!!! She hadn't slept since her nap at lunchtime!
     It was hard to put her to sleep when we got home. I think that she was over tired and I felt really sad about that. However, one she got to sleep, she SLEPT! She went a full four hours between feedings! She's growing and growing every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment