Most notably, this was my last weekend with Lily before returning to work. Eric and I spent a lot of the weekend preparing for this and doing work around the house. Tara spent most of the day Saturday and Sunday with us watching Lily so that this could be done. Grass, laundry, ironing, etc just can't be done with a 7 week old! I hate doing housework and not cuddling with her!
THURSDAY - Lily went to her Godfather's home for the first time! Jacob and Brittany invited us over for a yummy meal. Brittany is well into her first trimester and feeling it! I felt so bad for her as I remember what that was like. Lily was a bit fussy and Jacob held her. He fed her and she continued to fuss. He eld her every which way, patted her, etc and finally asked "I give up parents. What do I do now?" Eric and I laughed and told him welcome to parenthood!
FRIDAY - On Friday, Pappy called pretty early to come hang out with Lily. He stopped in for about an hour and a half for a "Lily Fix" and went on about his day. Lily and I met Nana for lunch at La Madeleine, ran a few errands, and headed to Jessica's house for a visit. Jessica had just moved back from Spokane and was eager to meet Lily. We arrived at 2 and spent 5 hours talking, catching up, and admiring Lily! I love Jessica!!! And Mrs. Kathy (her mom). They, of course, loved Lily! I only held her to feed her and we were there so long, I ran out of bottles and breastfed her there.
After girl-time, Lily, Tara (who'd met us there after work), and I met Daddy at Brewbachers for dinner. Yum! When we got home, Lily went right to bed and Eric and I lay in bed with a movie. Quiet time!
Friday night was a landmark! Lily slept in her crib for the first time! She loves the mobile so much! She loves to lay beneath it and watch the colored lights change and listen to the music. She is such a doll and fell asleep to the mobile. After each night feeling, I put her back under it and she went right back to sleep. I sat in her nursery for awhile after putting her down to make sure she's be ok. She was. I have so many new mom jitters.
SATURDAY - Yard work day! Lily spent most of the day hanging out in the house with Tara while Eric and I did so much yard work. Our back yard is a freaking disaster! We are trying our best to make a Lily-friendly yard! Tara and Mimi volunteered to take Lily for an outing Saturday late afternoon and evening so that Eric and I could have a date!
Our date was amazing!!!! We had the most delicious meal at Roberto's on the River Road and then went to a movie. The whole outing was perfect. I love this man! Meanwhile, Mimi and Nanny took Lily shopping and out to dinner. Apparently she was very well behaved and made a onesie-destroying poop on the way home! They decided to give her a bath and had a minor incident. Eric and I have an automatic dish-soap dispenser near the sink. To get soap out, you place your hand beneath it and it squirts out. Well, purely by accident, Lily's head passed underneath the sensor. She ended up with a head full of dish soap! Her head is now REALLY CLEAN! Another funny thing: Tara and Renita went to Mr. Gatti's for dinner. Tara was holding her. A strange lady walked right up to her and accused, "You are too young to have a baby!!!" Nosy damn lady! Tara told her, "Excuse me, but I am 28 years old and this isn't even my baby!" Some people!
Saturday night was night two of putting Lily beneath her mobile to fall asleep. Success! She slept 4.5 hours! Her longest stretch yet! Waking her up to feed her makes her upset and she often ends up puking out her feeding, so we are waiting for her to express hunger before feeding her. This is working well. She continues to grow and grow and everyone is happier!
SUNDAY - today we went to the Habitat Home and Garden Expo. What fun! Unfortunately, we did not know but strollers weren't allowed. We had to hold her the whole time. Between Tara, Eric, and I this worked out ok. She was a hit! Everyone made comments about how beautiful she is. We know!!
After the Expo we went to Mawmaw's house for lunch. Of course, there she is never at a lack for arms to cuddle her! Now we are home and planning an early night!
No comments:
Post a Comment