Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14 Mommy's First Day Back @ Work

So. My first day back. I cried it out last night and Eric was wonderful. He held me and encouraged me to talk it out. He is such a good man! I am lucky, lucky, lucky.
     After going to sleep, Lily was pretty good. She has a vomitous explosion at 1am which got me up to strip her crib and her and redress both. Silver lining - I also went ahead and fed her and she slept straight through until 5. Yay Lily!
     I got up, pumped, dressed, and got ready while Eric fed and medicated Little Pea. I scheduled ten minutes of cuddle time in my morning schedule because I NEED that time! Lily protested my return to work my promptly vomiting all down the front of my freshly pressed shirt. Ah well.
     Granny arrived early and was so chipper! She scooped up Lily and went right on to her routine! It really made my morning and leaving SO MUCH EASIER to see them together and how natural Granny was with her. I can't possibly express my gratitude toward her for watching my little lady!
     Work was better than I expected. I had a great day! My kiddos and colleagues were really welcoming and happy to see me. The day went by very quickly and soon enough I was headed home to my baby!
     Lily had just finished eating when I arrived. I cuddled with the mildly fussy baby and she went right to sleep on my chest. What a wonderful feeling! Seeing her after a whole day apart was so powerful. Motherly love. An amazing phenomenon!
     We had a quiet night at home with Daddy, Tara, and Katie. We cooked and ate dinner and cuddled on the couch. It was a wonderful night. Now I'm heading to bed early. So tired!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment