Sunday, March 20, 2011

March 18 - 20 Weekend Time!

FRIDAY
     On Friday, Eric was off work and this was Lily and Daddy's first ever whole day alone! I checked in throughout the day to make sure that they were ok. I think Eric experienced first hand how challenging a day can be! He reported that Lily cried much of the day with tummy aches.
     They met us at Walk On's for Happy Hour after Tara and I got off of work and Lily was able to meet many of Mommy's work friends. This was so much fun! It was really cool for my friends to meet her for the first time. She was still fussy and wanted to be held - which I was happy to oblige! Layla also held her for a bit and fed her. She is getting to where sometimes the milk in one bottle isn't enough, so she will eat more. I think, too, that she may be gearing up for a growth spurt as she is wanting to eat more frequently the last day or two.
     Friday night was magical! Tara stayed over and did the 1am feed. Lily, master of the night-time poop, had an explosive surprise for her Nanny! Tara said that it was absolutely rank! Then, she slept until 6am!!!!!!!! It's the latest in the morning that she has ever slept! I awoke with a start a few minutes before 6 and RAN to the nursery fearing that something was wrong. Nothing was wrong! When I realized that all was well, I was super happy about her sleeping in  because I took Saturday morning to give Eric a chance to sleep and also because I MISSED her so much from the week at work that I was happy to bring her downstairs, feed her, and enjoy an hour of cuddle time!!

SATURDAY
     After our hour of cuddles, I was reluctant to let her go, but needed to dress for the St. Patty's day parade. Pappy had volunteered to come have a Lily day so that we could go to the parade. It was fun, and it made me really think of what it will be like to bring her when she is older. There was a lady across the road from us with her newborn! It was terrible! The poor tiny infant was still fresh-from-the-womb pink! It made me a nervous wreck! I get so upset when I see things like this!
     Saturday afternoon was quiet time at home! We cooked dinner and Tara, Katie, Lindsay, and Leah hung out and ate and watched a movie. Lily was still a tiny bit fussy and had a couple of rough spots, but with a little gripe water and a lot of mommy-cuddles, she fell asleep soundly.
     I took her to her room and fed her for the first night feeding and she went right to sleep! She is getting really really good at going to sleep by herself while watching the mobile or listening to her Frankie the Frog. I am SO happy about this. Eric and I are really hoping to  avoid any big bedtime transitions! We hear about poor parents who have the worst time putting their babies to bed and really want to avoid this by establishing good routines now. I suppose that there's a chance its all in vain, but I sure hope not!
     Katie spent the night and did Lily's midnight feed. Again, she slept for a pretty long stretch and woke up at 5:30. This morning - Eric's turn!




SUNDAY
     Sunday morning I slept in as it was Eric's early morning. Its funny what constitutes "sleeping in" after baby! If I hit 8-8:30 I feel super accomplished! Katie made breakfast and Lily joined us while sitting in her bumbo chair. She really likes her chair and will sit and look around so curiously. We don't let her sit in it for too long a time as she is still learning muscle control, but she's too cute in it!

     Nana and Cayman came by this morning for a little visit! That was so nice! Cayman was really sweet with me and Lily and we both got so many good boy-kisses! He is such a sweetheart! He and I played ball a little and cuddled. I love that kiddo so much!



     Now Eric, Tara, and Lily are at their Mawmaw's. I stayed home to get some housework done (and this blog!). So, I'd better get to work!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment