Sunday, April 3, 2011

March 27-April 3 Ten Weeks Old!


    
     This week, Lily made ten weeks old! It is unreal how in ten weeks, your life can change so thoroughly! I can no longer imagine life without or before Lily. It seems like both the fastest and shortest ten weeks of my life! When I am with her, I want to look and her and cuddle her. When I am away, it feels like a piece of my heart has been left behind.
     Eric and I talked yesterday about how strange it is for us as a couple. When we are with Lily, its all about her. When to feed her, bathe her, cuddle her, put her to sleep, etc. We are getting into a much better groove now of putting her down to sleep early so that we can have some quality time together. When we leave her with Tara or one of her grandparents, we almost feel guilty about being pleased to "get away" for awhile, but enjoy each other so much. It is definitely crucial to have this time as a couple and have made certain that at least once a month, we have a mommy & daddy only night out.
     Lily has made several big jumps this week!!!!! For the first time in her life, I heard her laugh yesterday! It was just one little chuckle, but was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard! We were in the car heading back from New Orleans, where we'd gone Friday night so stay with Rory and Rene, and I was making silly noises and talking to her. The books say to smile really big at babies to get them to smile, and that's what we've been doing. I was smiling and cooing and all of a sudden, she laughed!!! It was amazing! She's smiling more and more and although you have to work for it, it's so beautiful and worth it!! She's such a sweet baby!
     Also this week, we is gaining more control of her hands and has discovered the joys of sucking her thumb. Sometimes its a couple of fingers, sometimes her whole fist, but more and more often just her thumb. I know we may be up for a challenge later in her life when sucking body parts becomes frowned upon, but for now it is Just So Cute!
     She can also stand and support her own body weight! We, of course, have to hold her really carefully, but she will stand for quite a while supporting herself. Its amazing! She really likes it too. Sometimes when she is fussy, that's all she wants - too stand up and look around.
     Looking around - Boy is she curious!!! She wants to look at everything!!! Although the books say that her eye sight is probably pretty poor, she loves looking at bright things. She loves windows, lit aquariums, her mobile, and the tv. Its not that we sit her in front of the tv, but if it is on and she's in the room, she likes looking at it's brightness.
     Also, this I just saw yesterday. She rubs her eyes with tiny fists when she is tired! It is so darned cute! Of course... I think that just about everything she does is cute!!
     Sleeping patterns are becoming somewhat more predictable. This is not an every night thing, but over the course of time, we can tell a difference. She has recently slept 6-7 hours at night! Ahhhh, sleep!
     THIS WEEK -
Sunday and Monday nights were ROUGH! On Sunday night I literally saw every hour on the clock. She was cold. She was wet. She was unbundled and cold again. She was hungry. She lost her nook. All. Night. Long. I was pretty useless at work on Monday, but got through it of course. Monday she made two monster poops, so I thought - erroneously - that she would sleep that night. Nope! Up again. By Tuesday she felt sorry for Mommy and chilled out quite a bit. That was nice. That was the night she slept 7 hours! It was a God-send! I didn't know she was capable of that! It gives me hope for sleep in the future! Wednesday night Mimi stayed and did her feedings so I got even more sleep. Wednesday nights are a gift! It's the one night a week that I know I will rest! I am so grateful for Wednesdays and Mimi! Thursday evening we went out to dinner for our weekly ladies plus daddy night. Poor Eric, he's always the only man in the group! Lily is so good at restaurants! She knows just when the food comes and will arouse from a solid slumber to want to be engaged. Every time! It's like she knows that the food is being served and that people will want to eat. Ahhh well.
     Friday we left straight after school to head to New Orleans to stay with Rory and Rene. It was amazing! God blessed us with a traffic-free ride so we made better time that we usually do.

     We were there in no time and Lily was terrific the whole way down. I was a bit concerned about her sleeping well on Friday night as she was not in her crib with her mobile, but she was a rock star! We'd brought her vibrating chair with us and she slept there right next to the bed. Of course, sleeping next to a snoring man sans c-pap machine and a grumbling baby did nothing for me and after I did the 1 am feeding, I left and found somewhere else to sleep! Lily continued to be great! Eric got up with her for the next feeding and I got some rest.

     Saturday we saw all our friends! Tara, Eric, Lily and I spent the morning with Rory and Rene at a couple of kitchen and bathroom showrooms and then headed back to B.R. On the way past Gonzales, we swung by Collin and Jenna's place. They are renovating a really cool older home with tons of space and storage. It's looking great! Then, that night we went to the Torrance's for a crawfish boil.
Unfortunately, Lily did not come to that. She'd had a loooong day and wanted to stay home. Nanny and Lily stayed in and rested. Or tried to rest. Lily was quite fussy, but did calm down eventually and slept pretty well. I got up with her for the 1 am and 5 am feeds to let Eric get some rest. To reciprocate, he got up with her at 8:30 and let me sleep in a bit. We are certainly getting our weekend routine down better!

     Today, Sunday, has been very nice. We've been pretty low key. We went out to lunch with Mawmaw, Pawpaw and family and went to Winn Dixie, but other than that we've been here at home. I think that Lily needed a day in!

No comments:

Post a Comment