Wednesday, March 16, 2011

March 15-16

Tuesday and Wednesday
     The last two days have gone by in a blur! Going to work on five hours of sleep is a sure way to  have work go by in a hazy stupor! Monday night, Lily slept, but I didn't. I was so wound up and upset about going back to work, not finding a balance at home, and not feeling in control of just about anything that I was a sobbing mess. Eric did not know what to do to or for me for a while. Eventually he just held me and I fell asleep.
     Tuesday was Granny's second day with Lily. Again, she came bouncing in full of energy. That was so super helpful! I went off to work with my pump bag and arrived home 9 hours later. Lily was just getting hungry, so I had the privilege of feeding her! I was so excited to get to feed her because I'd missed her Monday afternoon feeding by about 20 minutes. :( My absolute favorite is when I breastfeed her and she pulls back when she is done and is covered with milk! Milkface Baby!!!
     Granny reported that they sang songs, played music, told stories, and farted all day long. Well, Lily farted, not Granny! Granny was supremely impressed with the amount of gas that Lily Bug produces! I agree. She is one farty baby!
     Tuesday night was so much better! Eric and I had a lovely heart to heart and family cuddle time. We have established a routine for preserving our sanity. We aren't used to the strains of parenthood yet and really need to make proactive decisions for being more useful and happy! We climbed up on our bed with Lily and cuddled and talked for about an hour. It was wonderful! We talked, laughed at Lily's faces and movements, and just had good quality family time. I was in bed by 9!
     Unfortunately, Lily was not interested in letting me rest much. She had two middle of the night feedings instead of her usual one. Exhausting, but we will get it together at some point.
     Today was Pappy Day!!! He arrived extra early and hung out a little while before we had to leave for work. Nine hours later, and I am home again! Lily is sleeping on my chest while I type. Pappy reports that she had a great day. They went for a walk in the neighborhood, rocked on the porch rockers, and she slept in her vibrating chair for a while. She had a very happy Pappy day!
     I could not be more blessed than to have so many people who are eager to love on and watch Lily. Aunt Gwenda called me yesterday to thank me for asking Granny to watch Lily. She said that it was all Gran had talked about the night before. Apparently she's having an absolutely superb time. I am SO glad about this! Also, Lily is definitely a Pappy's girl! How spoiled we all are! :)  It makes me wonder if they will all miss her when summer comes and I am off! LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment