Sunday, April 24, 2011
April 10-16 Twelve Weeks Old!
As far as weeks go, this was a pretty good one. Lily is still doing lots of growing and learning new things all the time! I can't believe how big she is getting, but of course it's all relative and when we bring her out in public, everyone makes comments about how tiny she is! I don't know her exact weight as its been a while since her last dotor appointment, but I think she's rounding out near the ten pound mark now!
This week was a little different for us as Eric left on Tuesday and didn't return home until Thursday. He had a business meeting in New Orleans for a few days. Of course, I was not alone. On Tuesday we walked after school and Lindsay joined us. She hung out while I showered and we ate dinner together and got Lily to bed. Then, when Nanna was done with her cake class, she came to spend the night. Tuesday night, Lily decided that eating every two hours would be fun! Mommy did not agree, but Lily's mind could not be changed! So, not such a restful night at all!
Wednesday was another walking day, however I was whipped from the previous night! I came in from work, fed Lily and went to take a nap! Lily went walking with her entourage! I woke up at 6:40, ate, fed Lily, bather her, and went right back to bed! Sometimes being a Mommy is tiring work!
Thursday daddy came home!!! Boy were we glad to see him! It was also dinner with the gang night and so we headed out to Frankie's Dawg House (highly recommended, btw) for some amazing, gourmet hot dogs! The weather was absolutely perfect and we sat our on their patio for quite a while. Lily just loves being outside! In fact, every day this week when I came home from work she was outside sitting on the front porch with her grandparent of the day. Even Friday, when I got home, we went to sit outside. She's such a cool baby!
So, about Friday. I left work half a day to return to the doctor. I am still dealing with mastitis issues and am fervently praying that they resolve without an surgical intervention. Anyway, I got home to Lily early and sat outside with her. We sang songs and read a few books. Then she went down for a nap. She had been with Eric all day, as he had this Friday off. He reported that they had a great time and that Lily had been a pretty happy baby. He said that they had a LOT of eye contact and good cuddling. This made me SO happy because earlier in the week, Eric had gotten upset when he couldn't console her when she was having one of her scream-fests. They are getting it together!
Friday was Daddy and Mommy date night!! Tara agreed to look after her after work so that we could go to the very early movie. Then we had dinner reservations for 7 and headed home. My mom had taken Lily after she got off work, but wasn't back yet. I was a little upset about this as we've been trying really hard to keep Lily on an 8 o'clock bedtime schedule, but I guess it all worked out. She finally fell asleep around 9:40 and slept until 3am. Progress.
Saturday was prep the backyard day! We are putting down sod soon and needed to level out the backyard with fresh dirt. It was all hands on deck and Mimi watched Lily. She came out now and then to check our progress and went walking in the neighborhood with Mimi while Pappy, Nanny, Daddy, and I dug, shoveled, and trucked in more and more dirt. What a day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Oh my goodness--she is so cute Jannean!!
ReplyDelete