Sunday, April 24, 2011
April 17-23 Thirteen Weeks Old!
Sunday night a miracle occurred! Lily slept from 7:40-4:40. NINE HOURS IN A ROW!!!! It was amazing! I got up a few times in the night to check and make sure that she was ok! Then, believe it or not... she did the same on Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday nights! Oh holy night(s)!!! I was thrilled! She is getting her sleep together and boy, does it make it easier on mommy!
Monday was dinner with the "gang". We brought Lily to Dempsey's. Of course, she remains an expert at waking up and demanding to be held the minute the food arrives! She slept for about half an hour while we visited and waited for the meal to arrive. The moment it did, "Waaaaaa!" I played the responsible parent and took her outside for a little while. We sat on a bench and watched the traffic go by while Lily calmed down. We joined our gang back in the restaurant and the rest of the meal was smooth. Before having Lily, it would drive me nuts when parents would sit while their baby screamed and disrupted the entire restaurant. I understand that now, but still think I should try and fix the reason she's upset.
Monday and Tuesday were both Granny days. Gran reported that she did not sleep much at all. She had no more than a brief cat-nap either day. I wonder if that contributed to her power-sleeping at night. The books say good nappers are good night time sleepers. Lily seems to go through phases where she either is up all day, or wants to sleep all day. Last week, Granny had forgotten her camera at the house. When I looked at her pictures, she had so many of Lily! It is clear how much she loves her and how lucky Lily is to have her. I remember spending so much time with Granny when I was a little girl. I'm glad Lily gets to know her too.
Wednesday was Pappy day! They spent some time outside, which Lily loves! That night we all went to Roberto's for Pappy's birthday. It was terrific! Lily was great. We rode together and Mimi sat next to Lily. Lily was very good at the restaurant and did not pull her usual, "Oh-the-food-is-here. Hold-me." thing. Yay!
Thursday was a big day for me. I was in New Orleans until 8:00 that night on the 8th grade trip for work. It was Mimi day, but also sod day. Sod was delivered during the day and Eric had arranged for Tara, Great-Nanny, Curtis, Mr. Cliff, Mimi, and Katie to pitch in to get it laid. Katie watched Lily while the others laid the sod in the prepared back-yard. Apparently it went really well and was all down in about two hours. Katie hung out with Lily in the house. At one point, Katie text me a video of Lily looking up at her duck and having a conversation with it. The duck has been there her whole life, but she is just really discovering it this week. (Also this week, she has discovered the joys of her hand and tongue.) They came to get me from Highland Road Home Depot at 8 when the bus arrived. I brought Lily onto the bus to meet the kids and teachers that had gone on the trip. She was so bright-eyed. The best part was when I introduced her to my student with autism. He immediately exclaimed, "Baby Lily!!" and began to laugh and laugh! He then pointed to her bow, "Bow!!!" and she grabbed his finger. He thought this was the best. That was the best part of my day!
Friday we took Lily to Natchez, Mississippi to meet Eric's dad's family. She was born on Pappy's mom's birthday. January 21. Mrs. Lucille thought this was grand and enjoyed meeting her. Also met - her two cousins! Addison, her three year old cousin, thought that she was terrific! Addison kept coming up to love on her. She was very gentle and sweet. Tonja, Eric's aunt, had cooked a wonderful lunch. We ate and visited late into the afternoon. It was such a great Good Friday!
Saturday was BBQ at the Dupuy home. We headed over around noon. It was great! Several of the the teachers that I am friends with were there and it was their first time to meet Lily. Of course, she was loved on! She was a bit whiny, but no abject screaming. I am trying to exclusively feed from the breast this week to increase production, so I had to excuse myself twice to feed her. Breastfeeding is going ok. I am hoping to produce more as I am having to supplement from my frozen stores from before I went back to work. I really don't want to have to go to formula at all. I am really hopeful that being off this week will boost milk production and get me through until the summer when I'll be home with Lily every day. I am still having residual issues from the mastitis. Pray for recovery! Full recovery!
Anyway... we hung out for most of the breezy, beautiful day. We tried to take Lily "swimming" in the baby pool, but she did not like it at all! I guess she likes her water a balmy 100 degrees! We have a little baby bath thermometer to gauge her bath water, and the pool did not measure up I suppose.
All in all, it was a wonderful day. We took Lily home and then Collin called. We ended up meeting him for dinner at Oscar's pizza shop. Then we came home and put Lily to bed. Saturday night was another of her 9 hour sleeps. Wonderful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment