Sunday, January 30, 2011

January 30 First Time Outside

   
     V-I-C-T-O-R-Y-! Lily slept like a sweet little tiny human last night! It was a beautiful, amazing, terrific thing! She woke up to eat and be changed, then after a little rocking, went back to sleep. It was so peaceful and lovely.
     After the 8am feeding, Tara took Lily downstairs and I got back into bed with Eric. It was so nice to lay there for an hour and talk and cuddle and have a little quiet time. Again, Lily was so sweet and peaceful. She read a book with Nanny and played in her swing.
     This morning Eric and I were able to get quite a bit done in the house. I did quiet things that I could sit down to do, such as updating the 2011 book with Lily's birth and first bath, etc. Eric did some kitchen things and we had breakfast together while Tara napped with Lily. It was a lovely morning. After her next feeding, Eric and I took Lily for a very brief walk out on the porches. We didn't stay long because it was raining and we didn't want her in the damp air, but we did want her to go outside for a minute. We walked her from end to end, sat on the swing, and looked at the yard. She had her eyes open the whole time and looked around, taking everything in. After a few minutes we headed back inside and Lily had another little nap.


     Her Pappy came over this afternoon for a little visit. She sat very contentedly with him for the longest time! She just loves her grandparents!
     This afternoon was fairly quiet. We had a few visitors. Lindsay brought over some dinner that she'd cooked for us. That was really great. Nana came by for a short visit. She'd been to Cayman's birthday party earlier in the day. She gave Lily a full report on what happened.
     Mimi also came back. She is going to spend the night with us. Yay! Lily (and her parents) love when Mimi stays over.
     Today Lily had her first supervised tummy time. We put her in her pack and play and held her alligator mirror for her to interact with. When it looked like all she wanted to do was sleep, we propped her up on the boppy pillow. She looked all around and looked in the mirror, which also plays music. She seemed a bit bewildered by what we were doing, but played along for awhile. All in all, this was pretty successful. 

    
      Again tonight, we are hoping for another restful night. Tomorrow we have a doctor's appointment. Eric will be meeting us there from work. I feel bad that he has to go to work, come back to BR, go back to work, then back to BR to come home, all on his first day back to work. However, I am so proud and happy that it is important to him to come to her appointment. He is the best daddy! He read this book with Lily tonight. By the end of the book, she was asleep. Sweet success.
   

2 comments: