Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31 Doctor Day

     After an extremely trying night, we were glad to go to the doctor this morning. The appointment wasn't until ten, but after our debacle last time, we were up and getting ready much earlier. We were actually ready about 30 minutes early.
     We got to the doctor on time and were called back right away. It was great to be on time. Dr. Grier is lovely and spent a long time with us. We talked a lot about her crying, gassy, up-all-nightness. I actually teared up when she said that there was something that we could try. Prevacid. I was so joyful that there is something we can try; I'd been preparing myself to hear that we could do nothing. We also talked about her sleep habits, her propensity for rolling herself over, the weird ways that my hormones are affecting her through the breastmilk, and when we can take her for a stroll in her stroller. Dr. Grier patiently answered all of our questions, and then we were off.
     Unfortunately, Eric had to go to work immediately after. Luckily, Katie had driven Lily and I to the appointment, so she drove us the the pharmacy afterward. I went in while Katie sat in the car with a very fussy Lily. The pharmacist put in the prescription, and . . . our insurance didn't recognize her yet! UGH! I could have paid cash for the prescription. . . but at $200.00, it was ridiculous!
     We went straight home after the disappointing pharmacy stop. I spent thirty minutes on the phone with an extremely helpful insurance customer service rep. By the time we got off the phone, the entire thing was set up and we could get the Prevacid.
     A lot of this afternoon was spent napping and recovering from the previous night. We didn't get much accomplished, but rest is important!
     At 3:30, Nanny Tara arrived. I was so confused by what time it was, that I was bewildered as to why she was here. She took Lily and sat in the recliner with her for awhile, rocking her. Felix, who had been napping in the chair, refused to give up his spot and so shared the chair for a while. 

     6:00 was very exciting. Eric was home and it was time for Lily's first dose of prevacid. Eric and Katie made the dissolved suspension and we gave it to her with a syringe. Then, was time for the main event: Eric's first time to feed Lily!!!!!





     I was so excited to watch him feed her for the first time, but a little nervous that she wouldn't take to the bottle. She was a rockstar!!! She ate greedily, and by the end had milk spilling down her face. She pulled back very happily. Success! Success for Lily and success for Eric!



     This is a picture of what my wonderful, sweet, kind, thoughtful husband bought me to commemorate the birth of our daughter. It is so beautiful. I really do have the world's best BEST husband! I love him so very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment