Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January 25


            

     Last night Lily cried from 10-2! Luckily, after that we got the gas under control and she ate and slept peacefully. Thank God! When she cries so emphatically, it breaks my heart! Her cries have an "L" sound and sounds like, "lileeeee, lileeeee!" She kicks her tiny legs, curls up and flails her arms and fists. When she looks at me with her big, pleading eyes, it kills me! How do parents do this??
     Night-times are very exhausting times these days. Usually, Eric and I share the duties. When it's time to feed her, I get myself ready while Eric gets Lily ready. He brings her to me, I feed her, he burps her, I wrap her, and we all go back to sleep. Last night the alarm went off for the 3am feeding. I nudged Eric and asked if he was up. "Yeah, yeah, I'm up."
"You going to get her?"
"Yeah," but Eric doesn't move.
"You sure?" I ask, doubtful.
Then he reaches to his side, carefully and sweetly hands me a preciously cradled package . . . his C-PAP machine mask! Seriously?!?? I couldn't do anything but laugh. 
"Never mind, babe. I got this." I did that feeding by myself...  :)
            Today has been a very peaceful day. Katie came over around ten and made us a wonderful brunch. After brunch was nap time again. Lily tried out her swing. Teeny baby, we had to prop her up with a blanket again to make her tall enough to sit in it properly. We let her swing while I napped and her dad took care of other house things. He has been absolutely amazing. He has assumed the role of Daddy whole heartedly. He never hesitates to get me whatever I need, changes diapers, burps, cleans, freezes breast milk, cleans up messes, and more. He is such a great dad already and its only been five days!
     After nap time we watched a movie on the couch. Lily “watched” from her Daddy’s chest. Beautiful sight! 

           
     Today was another first. I was in the bathroom after feeding Lily and Eric was going to change her. I was out of the room when I heard, "Oh no! Oh, it's getting everywhere! Stop! Oh, MAN!!" You probably guessed it, Lily was peeing all over the changing table and herself! She really got him good!
     Today's Nanny and Lily reading time featured "Little Pea" with, of course, exercises. Lily seems to really enjoy this time and attends and makes lots of faces and noises.




1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness that top picture actually made me tear up! She's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete