Wednesday, January 26, 2011

January 26 A Very Sleepy Day

VICTORY for LILY!!! She slept last night! We only had very small bouts of tummy unhappiness and she got lots of sleep. Unfortunately, I was unable to relax and calm down and every whimper that she made demanded my immediate attention. Thankfully, her Mimi (Renita) took her for a lot of the night and I slept then. I can't imagine her sleeping without an adult in the room, so suggestions to just "put her in the nursery" aren't well received. She's only six days old for goodness sake! She obviously needs adult supervision at all times! What if she needs us? What if she gets lonely? or sad? I know, I am a neurotic new mom.... that's ok for now.
    Her Daddy got up with her this morning and let me sleep in. That was the theme of the day, "Mommy and Lily sleep". That's pretty much what we did! It's strange that I am up for the day at whatever time, but then spend a lot of the day either napping, bathing (and soaking to recover more quickly), feeding, or pumping. After that, it's nighttime again and back to bed. I really don't know how we would manage without Eric and Mrs. Renita here!



     Katie cooked us a turkey today. Now we'll have dinner and lunches for a while. Another delightful treat.
     The big finale for the day was a little tub bath. As with the first tub bath, Lily was not all that impressed. However, until the umbilical stump falls off, we have to sponge bathe her. I'm excited for an actual bath for her!! And apparently, sometimes you don't learn your lesson the first time. We wrapped sweet Lily in a lovely white, fluffy towel. And..... she pooped in it! LOL, she definitely has a sense of humor! Tara videoed this bath, and I edited it with Eric's help. Enjoy!



     Today's mental and physical exercise time would have featured "Five Little Pumpkins". Sleepy, sleepy Lily slept through what would have been exercise time. Maybe tomorrow.....
     Leah, Mom, and Donna stopped by for a little visit. They got to hold her, but she would not wake up..



    Maybe tomorrow will be a more awake kind of day. . .

1 comment:

  1. I love that you are doing this blog. You should post it in Facebook. X

    ReplyDelete