Oh horrible gas! Weaning mommy from constant Lily supervision was postponed last night due to a really horrible several hours of gas. From 10-2:30 Lily cried her little eyes out due to gas. Ugh! Why has no doctor created a cure for this awfulness?!? If it weren't for Renita, I would have lost my mind this week. She has been amazing, taking turns with Lily, sitting up with her for hours, talking to her, etc. Mimi is the only reason I've gotten any sleep at all.
This morning, Layla and Lauren stopped by for a little visit. They sat and held her for awhile and Lauren stroked her little hands and face.
After they headed out for a lunch, Lily had her lunch and enjoyed her swing for a while. She loves that thing! She's so tiny in it!
Nana and Donna came over after they got off of work around noon. While they cooked and hung out, I pulled Lily's swing over near the couch and Lily and I napped together. This was part of the Wean Mommy campaign. I thought that if I could sleep with her near me, but still have others around that weren't sleeping, maybe this would be a good experience for me. It was! After about ten minutes of over-vigilant listening, I was able to fall asleep and sleep pretty soundly. Our first real success with co-sleeping!
This afternoon Mama Sandra came over to meet and visit with Lily. She loved her! We sat in the living room and visiting for a while with Nana, Donna, and Renita. It was a lovely visit. Lily was very awake and alert. So was her bottom - farts galore! My goodness this itty bitty baby could power a new biofuel engine with all of her farts and burps! She would make Rory proud!




Cute one of mommy, Lily, and nanny! And another cute one up top! I don't know how you are going to decide which ones to put in the book!
ReplyDelete