Thursday, January 27, 2011

January 27 A Pink Day


     Another mostly successful night for Miss Lily! Her mama just needs to get with the program and learn that not every gurgle, squeak, or rumble means certain catastrophe! Mimi suggested that I begin putting her in the nursery at the last morning feeding when it's not so dark and scary, then gradually backing up the nursery time to earlier feedings. I think that this may be the ticket. Wean mommy.

     She had a good bit of awake/alert time this morning. She spent most of this time looking out of the window and getting some sunlight. When she is alert, she is really really curious about her little world. Smart baby in the making!
     We had another good napping session this afternoon. She and I cuddled up in the recliner and watched tv. Well, I watched tv and Lily sleeping...





     This afternoon was quieter than the last few have been. Renita, Tara, Eric, and Mary went on their walk in the neighborhood, and picked up Curtis who was out riding his bike. Then she had Tara Nanny-time with a little help from Great-Nanny (Mary). They had exercise time and caught up on the reading that they missed out on yesterday because little Lily was just too tired. They finally read "Five Little Pumpkins".
     Tomorrow is Friday and Nana will be by to spend some time with Lily. It's also the last workday that Eric will be home with us. This makes me and Lily sad, but we're very grateful that we had this week together at least. It is hard to believe that exactly one week ago this evening I was admitted to the hospital in labor. Tonight at 1:35 am, Lily will turn a week old! Time flies when you're having fun. Sleepless, wonderful, delicious fun!

1 comment:

  1. Oh! I just love her so much and can't wait to
    hold her again!!! LOVE that I can keep
    up with y'all on here : )

    ReplyDelete