Thursday, June 9, 2011
May 29- June 4 Nineteen Weeks Old!
This week started off very lazily for mommy! Lily went to Mawmaw's with Daddy and Nanny and I stayed at home. I've been feeling extra tired lately and just wanted to unplug for a while. I literally spent the whole day on the couch. I napped, watched tv, and only got up for bathroom and snacks. It was wonderful. I did, though, feel al little guilty for wanting time alone. I know that everyone needs alone time, but the mommy in me felt guilty for wanting time all the way alone. I was so very glad to see her when they got back to the house. Who could resist that beautiful, happy little face!
Monday, Memorial Day, was NOT a good day for Lily. She is teething so every few days has a really rough time. She had screaming fits off and on all day. Since Eric was off, we attempted to go to lunch out and have an errand day. She was so very cranky that I ended up leaving and bringing her home and Eric went with Katie to see The Hangover 2. I thought that when I brought her home, she would nurse and nap. Nursing, check. Napping, no dice. She was so uncooperative about the napping and got crankier and crankier all day. Finally, I gave her some baby Tylenol and we went for a walk. She cat-napped on the walk some, but still just did not want to rest. When we arrived home, Mimi and Great-Nanny fed her some rice cereal and I prepared a bath. We did her bath in the infant bathtub in the kitchen like we did when she was a tiny newborn. It was nice, but the upstairs bath is much better for her now that she is bigger and can kick like a superstar! She had water everywhere! After her bath, I fed her and she went down to sleep pretty easily. Thank goodness. After a rough day, this Mama was worn out!
Tuesday, my first day of summer vacation, Lily was up at six a.m.! Boy, she does not understand about summer break! The good thing, though, is that I scooped her up, nursed her in the recliner, and then we napped until 9! It was amazing! I slept very lightly and woke up each time she moved even a tiny bit, but it was really nice. Then we came upstairs and she was super cool about sitting in her seat while I had a quick bath. Just fyi, breastfeeding makes me sweat like none before. I had read that it might happen, but ew. Anyway. . . when I got out and was dressed, Granny was here! She was excited about spending time with Lily this week, so I asked her to watch Lil while I went to a few appointments. It was nice knowing that she was missing Lily and wanted time with her. Saturday, at our crawfish boil, Mimi and Granny talked for such a long time about Lily and how wonderful she is. Gran had expressed interest in spending summer time with Lily since I am not working. We are so incredibly blessed to have so many people who love her so much!
Tuesday night was dinner gang. We went to iHop and Lily was in such a great mood! She was bright-eyed and alert for quite a while. We'd brought her bottle with us and Katie fed her dinner. Then, she was cuddley-cute and sweet. She is the most lovely little girl! When we got home, I bathed her, nursed her, and put her to bed. Again, she went down with ease. I'm so blessed that she is so easy to put to bed!
Wednesday Nanny hung out with Lily and I. We had the best day! Lily and I started off the morning with a lovely nap. We had some naked baby tummy time and played with all of her toys. She loved it and played naked until she tinkled on her tummy time mat. Later, we ran errands and did so many cool things. She is so neat! She picks things up to inspect them and put them in her mouth. She is so smart!
Wednesday night, Mimi, Pappy, Grampy, and Nanny came over for a BBQ. Lily was very well behaved! She was super interested in what we were eating and we are noticing more and more that she it taking an interest on our food. The books say that this is an indicator that she is getting ready for baby foods!
Thursday was a fun day. We started the day in the recliner again. We are definitely creating a routine for our mornings. She is getting up several times a night to eat, much to my chagrin, but we have some sleepy-time cuddles in the mornings. We come downstairs about 6, get into the recliner, Lily eats a lazy breakfast, and then we nap until about 9. It is so lovely. This has been the start of our day each day this week. Then, we get up and have Lily play time. We go upstairs and play with her toys on her tummy. This morning was more nakie time! She is so dang cute nakie!!
At ten this morning, Mimi came for her weekly Lily time. This was the first Wednesday night since Lily's birth that Mimi did not spend the night. It was a little sad! However, she and Pappy have reserved Thursdays as Lily days this summer. This will give me a little time to run errands, do mommy stuff, take a nap, etc. Today this allowed me to run a few errands and head to Jessica's house for a swim day! We had such a fun time! Lily stayed home and played with Mimi and Pappy who reported that she had a lovely day! She was practicing her standing with pappy when we arrived home. Then it was playtime! I fed her and we headed upstairs for more playing! Tara and I went through her entire closet while Katie and Lily played on the floor on her animal rug. She tolerated an hour of tummy and back playtime! She practiced her rolling, and being up on her elbows.
She is getting so good at grasping items by choice and not reflex. She is reaching for items that she wants. The other day, Granny put her nook on her toe and she proceeded to try and put her toe in her mouth! She tracks moving items like a star. She is babbling and laughing out loud! When I nurse her, she pats and caresses my chest.
Thursday evening, same as Wednesday, I fed her, changed her into pjs, and laid her in her crib with her mobile. She babbled and cooed to it and went to sleep all by herself. What a lovey routine she has. She loves her bed, loves her mobile, and loves her 8 o'clock bedtime! I am so grateful that she is so easy to put to bed. Now, if we could just make naps happen in a similar fashion, we'd be in business!
Friday morning, we began the day with our recliner routine. Lily had her four month checkup and shots! Boo!!! She did so great though! She barely cried at all and was happy again as soon as I put her to breast. Everyone said how cute she was and she grew!! She is 25 inches long - 75th percentile and 12 pounds 9 ounces - 40th percentile! She's getting so big! Dr. Grier gave me lots of great information including info about supplementing with formula and beginning Lily on food!!!
I have mentally resisted anything having to do with formula for over 19 weeks. I have stressed and stressed about making enough milk, but have come to the conclusion that I need to supplement. Lily has not slept through the night in about 10 days! She is waking every three hours to eat. I don't know if she's growing, or hungry because I am not making enough to fill her. Anyway, all the doctors say that some breastmilk is better than none, so I will continue to feed her what I make, but will chase it with formula if she is still hungry. I can live with that. Dr. Grier also recommended that we begin her on food! My little baby girl is growing up so fast! We will begin with veggies. Apparently, if you begin with fruit, the babies won't eat veggies because they don't taste as good and sweet. We will begin one new food every couple of days. That way if she has an allergy, we can narrow it down.
Friday night, as soon as Eric got home from work, we headed out to Central. As Mimi and Pappy are always coming here, we wanted to go out there to meet them for dinner. It was great. Lily was very well behaved on the ride there and back, and was a treat at dinner. We all took turns holding her.
Saturday we tried the formula for the first time. A success! I was so terribly nervous that it would upset her tummy, but she was a rockstar! It didn't bother her at all and really made me feel more comfortable about the supplementing.
So many things have happened this week that really punctuates how much the wee one is growing. We went through her closet and there are so many things that had to be put up as they are too small and short for her now. She is eating formula. She tries to sit when you pick her up to "help" you. She is an amazing little girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment