Saturday, June 11, 2011

June 5 - 11 Twenty Weeks Old!

     Sunday was carrot day! We chose carrots as Lily's first veggie encounter. We were at Mawmaw's and Mimi and I fed her the carrots for the first time. I held her and Mimi fed her. It went well. Her first bite, she made a terribly cute, stinky face. However, she quickly warmed up and began to lean toward the spoon and open her mouth to anticipate the bite! She caught on so fast! We continued the feeding as long as she was happy. Since we'd stripped her down to her diaper, we eliminated much of the potential mess. A bit later, Mimi put her down for a nap in one of the bedrooms. She was on a palate and slept pretty well. Usually, she is a better napper in your arms than not, but she slept pretty well. I went back every five to ten minutes to check on her. I was in the kitchen when I heard a little squeal. I rushed to the back and ran to her. Little Stinker - she's rolled from her back onto her tummy and elbows and was scootching around on the floor! It was amazing! She's rolled from back to tummy twice that morning during tummy time. I suppose that it's official - Lily can roll from back to tummy! Yay Lily! Milestone!
     Monday was a BIG day for Lily! Lily did not want to nap in the recliner this morning. Instead she squirmed and wiggled and made a monster poop! We were both up then, so we went out to run a 5k. About halfway through, she fell asleep and remained asleep for about an hour after we got home. It was great! I was running through the house like a mad woman getting housework done! Then, it was time to leave to let Lily have her first time to swim in a big pool! She's been "swimming" in her little baby pool a couple of times, but this was her first time in an adult sized pool. We headed to Layla's for a swim and were very careful about the prep for putting Lily in. Tara got in first while I held her on the deck. Then, I lowered Lily down to Tara talking to her all the while. Tara took her and made happy faces and noises to her. Verdict - success! She loved it! We "swam" with her for a little over an hour! She kicked her wee legs, did a few "laps" with mommy and nanny, and was basically just the cutest thing you've ever seen! After the swim, I got out and fed her under an umbrella on the deck. She watched the others swim and promptly fell asleep for a really good nap!






     After swimming we went inside where Layla had an infant play table. Loved it! I will definitely be acquiring one for Lily in the near future! She had such an active day! What's more, Layla's two precious kiddos loved on her. Lily likes kids a whole lot, so it was nice to see them interacting with her. Lauren is quick to remind Lily that she was the first "kid to hold you"! It's so cute! Another nap and it was time to head home.
     We had more carrots today! She was a little less interested in the carrots today, but still ate a good bit. Just like yesterday, about 40 minutes after the meal she had a poop party in her pants!

     Brittany came over for dinner Monday night. She held Lily for quite a while, which was great! Brittany is due with her own sweet baby in twenty weeks and is so loving and sweet! She fed Lily her bottle and loved on her a good bit. It was so nice. After her bottle, Lily promptly went down. Exhausted after a really long, busy, tiring day!
     Holy screaming moly! Tuesday was a fun day . . . until about 5:30. The day was interesting. We went out to Tanger to go to the baby-gear stores. Lily needed a few things. I used the backpack to tote her around, which she tolerated for quite a long time. She was so interested in all the things to look at!
     When we were done being out for the day, we came home. I attempted to feed her, but about 5 suckles in, she passed out! Sweet, funny baby! She slept for over an hour and a half until Granny stopped by! We played on the floor with Lily for about an hour. She is getting so good at grabbing items to play with! She was in her play-quarium and practiced her rolling and putting things in her mouth. It's funny that babies brains tell them that everything goes into the mouth! Sometimes, when she puts plush things in her mouth, I think how unpleasant it might be. Apparently not to her though. She keeps sucking on her stuffed butterfly. Ew!
     We also had some naked tummy time today. I love nakie tummy time! It's so darned cute! Her little wrinkly butt!
     Fast forward to 5:30 . . . Eric and I went to church. Tara stayed with Lily and thank God she did. Moments after we left, Lily began to scream bloody murder! She stopped at about 9! Sigh. We had made so much headway! Lily had gotten her little self so together. Then, for the last few weeks, she has been back to waking up all night. Scream crying in the evening. The books and Dr. Grier say that this is normal and that every few weeks the baby's attitude and behavior will ebb and flow. I really hope that she is able to get it together again soon. Mommy is tired and daddy is confused!
     Wednesday Lily and I began our day with a 5k. Of course, Lily slept through most of it!! Then it was time to get ready to do something we've never done before . . . meet Daddy for lunch! We rode out to St. Gabriel and had lunch! It was great! She was very interested in what we were eating, but I'd fed her before we left so she was ok. Until we got in the car to come home. That little kiddo will go from zero to scream-starving in about 2 minutes! It's unreal! Absolutely NO patience! Eric says her knows where she gets it from . . . ??

     We had such a fun afternoon! We played so hard with her play-quarium and toys! We took some secret, surprise pictures for Daddy for Father's Day! Layla, Lauren, and Aiden came over to play! She took lots of naps. We really hit stride . . . play hard, nap, play hard, nap.. It was great! Our only speed bump of the afternoon was when she was lying on her back and she threw up. It came shooting and flowing out of her nose. She began to choke and vomit continued to drip from her nose for several minutes. It was very scary and sad. It upset us both quite a bit. She did soon recover and we got on with our afternoon.
     All day we worked on napping in the pack-n-play. She did so well! For one nap she fussed and babbled for about 30 minutes before giving it up and going to sleep. She did so well! I was really proud of her. She's not been sleeping through the night for about three weeks, so we are really trying to get her back on board with the sleeping!
     Wednesday evening was dinner gang! We packed up and headed to Rotolo's. Lily was extremely cuddly, which means that she was very tired. She doesn't generally hold with being coddled like a baby, except when she is very tired. She was super sleepy early Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. She's napping during the day, so I don't know why. Maybe she's growing?


     Thursday was baby consignment store shopping day! There are two of these in town and we went to each of them in search of a baby play table. We found one for $10 and Lily loves it!! Lily did very well being out today and even took a carseat nap. In the afternoon, Lindsay came by and hung out. We repeated our same play hard and then nap routine. Unfortunately, her naps were all about 30 minutes or less! She needs to sleep longer! She is just so darned interested in everything that is going on! Even when there is nothing going on, she wants to be up and watching the world go by!
     Thursday afternoon, we tried . . . peas! It went over ok. Below is a short video of the carrots and peas attempts. She's so funny!





     Friday was a strange day. We began the day at Mimi's photo studio. We took some beautiful Dixon family portraits and some fabulous ones of Lily!! Mrs. Marilyn is going to photo edit them and get them to us, so I will post as I get them. We took pics for about three and a half hours, with Lily napping during breaks. We got lots of really great shots!




     We left around two and headed home. Lily fell asleep on the car ride home. Tara and I swung by Burger King for lunch, Lily slept. We ate, Lily slept. We got home, Lily slept. Lily slept and slept . . . until 6:00pm! Unreal! I assumed that she would wake up and not sleep at night. Wrong! She woke up for a couple of hours and hung out with Mimi (Eric and I were on a date night). She went back to sleep at 8:30 and did not wake up until I woke her at 8:00am Saturday!!!
     I hated waking her, as I would have liked to have been sleeping, but we'd promised Cayman that we would come to his t-ball game. We went out to the ball field for nine. It was so nice! There were large shade trees that we hung out beneath. Kerry's large and lovely family were all there to watch. They just loved Lily! It was terrific!


     When the game was over, we headed back to town. We needed something fun to do, so I filled Lily's pool and we waited for it to warm. While we were waiting, Tara came over. She was cuddling the fussy baby when Lily pooped the biggest poop of her life! I ran the water in the tub and we held her underneath! It was am amazing about of poop! She continued to fuss, and I came to the conclusion that her teeth must be bothering her. She can put her entire fist in her mouth, which she chews in earnest!
     After Lily calmed, we went out to enjoy the pool! It was great! She played and splashed for about half an hour! It was amazing!! She is the cutest! She wore her tiny self out and went in for a nap!








     Also this week - Lily has found her feet! On Wednesday, I saw her hold her foot for the first time! By Saturday, she was holding both feet each time she laid on her back! How amazing it is to watch her every development! She is the coolest baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment