Saturday, June 18, 2011

June 12-18 Week Twenty-One

     Sunday Lily spent much of the day with her Nanny. Unfortunately, Daddy had to work all weekend :( I had a lovely bridal shower to attend, so Lily hung out with Tara. They went to Mawmaw's house to play. She had a bit of a rough day. She fussed and verbalized unhappily most of the day. She'd slept ten hours Saturday night, so wasn't tired, initially. However, she refused to nap all day. Tara put her down for a nap and she rolled herself all over the room. They tried to hold her to nap and she would not. She was too nosy to sleep. She's also teething and having tummy aches. So pleasant!
     In the evening, she fussed and fussed until, thankfully, it was time to go to sleep. Thank goodness!
     I did read the month five update, since she will technically be five months very soon. She can already do all of the things the book says that she should do and most of the things they say she might be able to do. She can: bear weight on her legs, grasp items, verbalize with vowels and consonant sounds, sit with help, pass items from hand to hand, roll over one way, smile when smiled at, squeal in delight, and focus on items as small as a raisin. So clever! We will continue to work on the skills on the list that she will gain for next month!
     Monday morning we hung out in the recliner until Lily was ready to play! And play she did!!! We went upstairs to play with her toys and she was so active with her toys and practicing rolling onto her tummy. She wore her tiny, happy self out and slept on her rug!





     After a brief nap, Lily, Nanny, and I headed to Denham Springs to visit the third of the B.R. area baby consignment shops. So much fun! Baby consignment shopping is my new favorite thing! So many treasures for almost nothing! Tara and I ran into an old college classmate and had fun catching up with her. Lily was her usual precious, personable self! Next we headed to the Bass Pro shop. Lily was sleeping, so Tara and I grabbed a quick burger for lunch. When Lily woke she was ready to go again! We brought her to see the indoor pond. She loved looking at the turtles and ducks. She didn't really "get" the fish, but the turtles and ducks held her attention for a while. I tried to explain to her that the ducks were the actual life version of her favorite toy. We'll see...


     I kept her up the whole ride home in an attempt to get her to sleep when we got home. No dice. She was falling out on the ride home, but as soon as we put her down for a nap - BING! - open pop her eyes and she begins to smile and wave her legs and arms. Every time! She does NOT want to nap in her bed or pack n play. She ONLY wants to nap in arms. I fought this for about 40 minutes this afternoon, but she would not sleep in the PNP. Ugh! Finally I gave up and held her. She slept for almost three hours. WHY won't she do that in her PNP!??!? Tara has declared "tough love" time for napping and will help me to tough love it out so that Lily will nap in her PNP. Oh boy. I don't know how I will deal with this...
     Monday afternoon Lily tried her third new food. Roasted butternut squash! She liked it! She ate with her spoon like a champ! I was so happy that she finally seems to like it! She liked it so much, Lindsay bet me a diet coke to try it. I did NOT like it!





     Monday evening we went to dinner gang at Pluckers. Lily was so very squirmy! I thought she was warm, so I bought a good thermometer on the way home. Turns out she was running a 99 fever. She is teething and I think that this was the cause of the problem. I put her down with some Tylenol right when we got home with hope that she'll feel better in the morning.

     Tuesday was an extremely hard day. A good man, a dear friend, one of my best friends in high school, passed away in a car accident over the weekend. Granny came over to help me out with Lily so that I could go and spend the day at my friend's wake and funeral with Mom, Dad, and Deryn. Gran arrived at 7:30 so that I could get ready. It was good that she came early as Lily had a slight fever again and was extremely angry about it. She started her day by scream-crying and kinda scaring Granny. I left the shower, came back downstairs, and nursed her to sleep. Later, when I called Granny to check on Lily, Gran said that she slept for two hours! Granny reported that she had a couple of fussy moments, but was actually pretty good for the rest of the day.
     I arrived back home a little after three in the afternoon and walked in to Lily and Granny playing with the play-quarium on the living room floor. It was so very sweet. Gran continued to hang out for a little while. Boy, are we blessed to have her!
     Tuesday night was pretty quiet. I was feeling extremely worn out from the day's activities so I laid down while Nanny, Mimi, and Great-Nanny took Lily walking. When they returned home, we fed Lily some more roasted butternut squash, which she really seems to like. Come 8:00, we were in her nursery and I was reading her Red Fish, Blue Fish. She began to SCREAM!!! Eric said that maybe she was tired and didn't want to be read to. Bingo. As soon as I put her in her bed - she was OUT!
     Amazingly, Tuesday night, Katie offered to spend the night, so the night feed, and get up with her at 6. Ahhhhh, so nice to sleep in! And I did!
      I got up late Wednesday morning and was so happy to see Lily! I missed her! How crazy is that!? I put her to bed, got up at 4 and checked on her, and yet still missed her!
     Wednesday we ran errands to get ready for the beach. Lily was so good! Today we also tried the first hour long mandatory nap time in her bed. She did ok. She slept the first 25 minutes, cooed the next 15, and then cried!!! It was so sad when she cried! I was pleased with her for the first attempt at in the bed napping though.
     Not too long after, I fed her and she fell hard asleep nursing. Our evening was pretty standard. She ate her baby food, we ate dinner, bathed Lily, watched a little TV, and went to bed. A lovely family evening!
     Thursday Eric was off!!!! His first day off in eleven days. We spent the day preparing the house and packing for the beach!!! He did the outside stuff while I put Lily in the baby backpack and tidied up the house. Around midday, Mimi came over to help out with Lily and pre-cooking some of the food for the beach. Lily was super good all day and we tried napping in her room Part II. It went pretty well. Mimi went up and sat with her for some of the time. It worked out.
     Thursday night, Lily stayed with Nanny and Daddy while I went with Grampy for our annual Father's Day dinner at Texas de Brazil. We had a super time, and Nanny reported that Lily was good at home. Apparently she did not make it to 8. She got tired at 7:10, drank a bottle, and went straight to sleep. Eric took care of feeding her and putting her to bed. How sweet!

     Friday, Lily and I napped until almost 10am in the recliner! It was amazing! I was so very tired as she had woken me up several times throughout the night. I was grateful to nap a bit! Tara came over at 10 and we ran a few errands and headed home. Lily took another 3 hour nap in the afternoon. She sleeps like a champion when I hold her during her nap! I don't know what the difference is. I did not do a crib nap today. Shame on me.


     Friday night, Mimi and Pappy came over to pack up the cars for the beach trip the next day! It looks like we are moving, we had SO much stuff! Eric and My stuff all fit into one small suitcase, but Lily's stuff. . . !
     This Saturday's blog will be in next week's post as it's part of our beach trip and I will keep all beach trip posts together!!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment