Lily is now 6 1/2 months old. She is amazing!! She is an all star mover and shaker in her walker. She is really funny and will problem solve like nobody's business. If she can't get where/what she wants one way, she will try other ways around. Also, she has the unbelievable knack of getting into whatever she is NOT supposed to have!
She is SO CLOSE to crawling. She can roll over from either direction, pull her knees underneath her, and push up on her arms. Then, she will rock back and forth, move her knees, become too forward heavy and fall! Although she can't crawl just yet, she reaches for toys and will wiggle herself all around to get what she wants. In fact, I just lowered her crib as she is beginning to pull up on my fingers and I just know that she will figure out that she can pull up on furniture any moment now.
Speaking of pulling up, she can pull herself to sitting and standing by pulling on my fingers. So strong! She also likes to hold onto our hands and walk all over the place! She is a beast!
This past Monday she had her 6 months shots. It gave her a fever for two days. This was so sad. Poor baby, she felt just pitiful! She is never a "babyish" baby. She doesn't generally like to be cuddled/coddled. These past two days, however, have been totally different. She's been all over me. It was nice that these were my last two days of summer vacation and I dedicated them entirely to her. The few times that I attempted to put her down, she clung to my legs and cried. Who could resist?!?? Not me! I was happy to cuddle and hold her while she held my hand. I love that precious little baby girl more than I ever could have imagined was possible!
She is babbling her hard consonants like a champ! Her favorite sounds are Dadadadada and gagagagaga. Occasionally a "dadee!" escapes her lips! She also blows razzies! She is really funny with her tongue manipulations.
Bath time continues to be one of her favorite things! I have taken the baby tub out of the bathroom and now bathe her in the seat within the big bath. She is such a big girl! Actually, she is in the top 90th percentile for height. 50th for weight and head measurements.
She has 2.5 teeth now! Two have completely appeared - one of them is really out there! The .5 we can see through the gum, but it hasn't quite peeked out yet!
She is so tolerant of me playing baby dress up with her!! I love LOVE to dress her and take pics. I've attached some here.
So, Lily is 27 weeks old and I have been off of work for 17 of those weeks! What a wonderful blessing! Thank goodness that I am a teacher and get so much time off. I am lamenting having to return to work this week. I have thrown myself quite the little pity party! I am just going to miss her SO MUCH! I want to see everything that she does. I don't want to miss a thing!!!
I LOVE THIS BABY!!!!!! Thank God for her every little piece and part!




No comments:
Post a Comment