Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July 26. Getting big and wearing Mommy out!

     After a VERY rough Sunday night, last night was so much better! Our Ferber method sleep training has been a lifesaver, but as the book warned, sometimes there are backslides. Sunday, Lily ran a fever and Sunday night was c'est horrible! She was up and crying so much! I was afraid that it was going to be the start of a new trend, but then last night she slept for 11 hours straight! Then she and I got up at 6:30, nursed in the recliner, and dozed until 9:00am. My sweet baby is back! Hahaha!
     She has become an ace driver in her walker! She can get around obstacles, problem solve to get around furniture, and problem solve to get toys that she wants. When she is ready to get out, she runs at us with her arms up. She is so amazing!
     She is still working on the crawling. We bought her a rubber mat to practice on; I was worried that the wood floors were too harsh. She can spin herself around and around, she can rock back and forth, she can pull her knees under herself, but just can't get anywhere. This continues to be a source of frustration for her!
     She is pulling herself into sitting position now. She has to have something to pull up on, but she can do it. She is a bit spastic when she sits and often falls over, but is getting stronger all the time.
     Her love of all things standing continues! She always wants to be standing! She still needs constant support when standing as she will fall right over! However, she seems to be fearless and wants to stand on each and every surface!
    We have also began brushing her teeth. Uh, tooth. She really likes it! I do it first, then she does it. Success!
     Unfortunately, we are not being successful everywhere. The last two weeks, she has NOT been interested in eating her baby food. She will eat her "tasty treats" (puffed cereal bites) that are made from real veggies, but doesn't want her food. She is being extremely finicky. I hope it passes.
     So, basically, I think that she is brilliant! I LOVE being home with her. Yay for Lily & Mommy!



    

No comments:

Post a Comment