Monday, July 4, 2011

June 26-July 2 Week 23

This week's blog will be short as I took a break from the heavy blogging while on vacation. Most notably this week:

Lily has full-on discovered her feet! She loves feet and has put them into her mouth a couple f times. Mostly, she just like to hold them both with her hands. One hand on each foot. When we put her in her footie pjs, she sometimes gets frustrated as she can't find her tiny tootsies!
     Speaking of frustration - Lily is SO mad that she can't crawl yet!!! She can get onto her tummy from her back by rolling in both directions (so smart!). She can get her legs up underneath her OR her top half off the ground by pushing up with her arms, but not both at the same time. Then, she can push off with her legs and . . . faceplants every time! She's a persistent little thing and will try over and over again, but with the same result. Eventually she gets mad and cries. Poor little one, she's learning and we are all cheering her on!
     Monday of her twenty-third week was a doozey! She was experiencing quite a bit of teething pain and diarrhea to go with it. She cried a lot and Tara came over to help out. In the afternoon, Tara and I were taking turns with her. Tara had her for awhile, and brought her to me when she needed a break. I took one whiff and said no way! bring her back with a clean diaper! She had poop seeping up the back of her onesie!
     Tara took off for the living room to change her and about two minutes later called out for me to join her. I walk in and see: Lily standing on the wood floor, butt naked, with Tara holding her by the arms and both of them standing in a puddle of pee. Poop was smeared up the entire length of the baby, including in her mullet! Poop was all over the changing pad. WTF!  I think my eyes just about bugged out of my head and I began to laugh uncontrollably! Tara began to laugh as well. Lily did not.
     Tara said that she removed the diaper and we had no wipes, Lily began to thrash about in the poop, so she wanted to get her clear of it. Then Lily began to pee, so Tara put her on the floor!
     Well. I wiped up the pee, wrapped the baby in the dirty changing pad cover, and took her upstairs to the bath tub! twenty minutes and a squeaky clean baby, Lily and I headed to her room to dress. Bundled and fresh in her towel, I leaned over her crib to grab something. So sooner than I was over the crib when Lily puked about a gallon of curdled milk into her crib! AUGH!!!!! So, in review : teething, poop in the hair (and everywhere else!), pee on the floor, curdled milk puke in the crib! Oh what a day!
     Lily had a Granny day this week so that I could go baby consignment shopping with Tara and Brittany. Mimi and Katie each spent the night once to help with the unhappy baby, and we went swimming with Nana. It was a busy and fun week. Lily had her moments, but all in all she had a good week too.
     Below are some of the edited pics from the last photo shoot!















1 comment:

  1. The pictures turned out so well! Sounds like you'll have plenty of your own poop stories to tell now : )

    ReplyDelete