Tonight we are trying the Ferber method to sleep-train Lily. Oh boy. I am so darned tired from waking up 5-10 times a night to soothe her crying! Something must be done!
When I went back to work in March, Lily was sleeping almost through the night. April and May were great. She woke up once a night if that. Then, summer came and the Kraken was awoken. She cries so many times per night. I am a human ping-pong ball in and out of bed all night long. After doing research and talking to other moms, we've decided to try the Ferber method. It is a "kinder" way of letting her cry it out. Eric and I are both on board and have talked about how to do it and who will do what.
Sigh. I tired letting her "cry it out" at nap time today. I was in her room as much as the method prescribed and she cried for an hour and forty-five minutes. It was incredibly awful.
My mom and all of my Mommy friends assure me that this will be a good thing. We'll see. Keep ya posted.
Above pics were from our nighttime routine. Lily eating (and decorating herself with) banana and her bath! She's so beautiful!!!!!

It's so difficult to hear your baby cry. Naturally, you want to do anything you can to console her, BUT this is good for her. If she's not hungry, wet, or hurting, then she will be fine. Crying is more upsetting for you than it is for her. Hang in there, Mama! Your mom and mommy friends are steering you in the right direction : )
ReplyDelete