Sunday - Mother's Day! My very first one! "My" day started off perfectly! Lily slept for over 9 hours Saturday night, then went right back to sleep for almost two hours longer. Then, she wanted to get up. I carried her downstairs and we cuddled on the recliner until ten! Eric, amazing man, went and picked up breakfast and we snuggled and snoozed all morning! It was so restful and wonderful! I am so looking forward to this kind of snuggling this summer.
Lily gifted me a new iPhone and a beautiful necklace for Mother's Day. She's such a generous shopper! ;) We went to Mawmaw's house for the day and Lily was a sleepy and cranky girl most of the day. Everyone took turns loving on her and rocking her, but all she really wanted was to eat and sleep. Then sleep and eat. I guess her very exciting fun day Saturday REALLY wore her out! We made her a palate on the floor and she slept for awhile. When we came home, it was really tough to keep her up until 7:30. She wanted to sleep so bad! Sweet baby!
Monday was Granny day! Gran bought her a new outfit today! It had a cute little dolphin on it. It was so big that the little skirt dropped down and looked like a hula skirt! Today they read, went for a walk, and napped. Gran said that she wasn't nearly as chatty as she usually is. She seems to be having a couple of "recovery" days. She does this now and then, sleeps and rests nearly all day for a couple of days. It's like she wears her little self out one day and has to rest it off afterward.
This afternoon we took her walking and she slept nearly the whole time! Then we went to meet the group for dinner gang. This week we met at Five Guys, a hamburger joint. Lily was superb! She happily went from arms to arms, standing on the table, cuddling, and making bubbles!
She is certainly not upset by going to other people. I somewhat attribute this to the fact that she is with different people all week. I hope that her amiability with others continues! Of course, at 7:45 she let us know that it was time to go because bedtime was coming! Home we went! And to eat and bed! Nighty night, Lily!
Tuesday was a filed trip to Lindsay's school. It was the Spring Showcase and she'd asked us to come. Jessica, Tara, Lily, and I hung out for a little while after work and then headed over. We'd all had pretty rough days, but Lindsay's school was amazing! There was so much wonderful stuff going on there and so very many parents involved with the school. It made me think of when Lily will be in school. I cannot imagine her any older than she is now. Not to mention that by then she will have siblings. Wow. I can't believe that I am a mom and sometimes that realization catches me off guard. What a feeling!
Anyway, Lily was great at the Showcase. Jessica held her for the entirety of it as she was feeling down and wanted the cuddles. Lily loved the music and dancing and was so interested in watching the children. Then, as soon as the talking began, off to sleep she went. Everyone commented on how cute and sweet she was. I can't even be modest about her - she IS sweet and beautiful!!! LOL.
Wednesday morning was wonderful. I went into her room, although I hadn't heard her stirring yet, and she was awake. She was eating her hand and just looking around very contently. I leaned over her crib and said, "Good morning my sweet Lily bug!!!" At that, she began to squeal, smile, wave her tiny hands, and kick her feet furiously! She was so happy! It was such an amazing moment in our relationship. I know for a certainty that she recognizes me and loves me!!!
Wednesday was also a special day in history. Lily began her Olympic training in earnest! She was bathing in her little tub when Tara and Katie played the Olympic overture and videoed her kicking like crazy in her bath. It is hilarious! She is such a happy little bather!
Thursday was a Mimi day. I love Mimi days because Mimi sends me pictures on her phone of Lily's day! She had a good day and when we got home, Tara and I brought her shopping for a little while. There was a mix up with dinner. Tara thought I'd gotten the ingredients and I thought that she had. Turns out . . . we went for pizza! Eric's friend Robert met us and met Lily for the first time. As he works crazy hours and is just finishing his MPA, he doens't have a lot of free time. I've been tauting him for weeks, saying that he is scared of babies. Turns out, he isn't. He was actually pretty great with her. He will be Lily's sarcasm coach. :)
Friday was definitely a TGIF kind of day. This was an exceptionally rough week for Mommy! Friday morning began in a very unique way! Eric brought Lily up to Devall to meet everyone! She rode with Tara and I to school so that there would be two people available to her, and Eric followed. When we got there, I had duty so Eric came with me into the cafeteria and the kids came in and were so excited to see her! (Interestingly, Lily would watch the kids come into the cafeteria and watch them all the way through the line and into the food line room. She is becoming exceptional tracker.) Then, she met the kids in my room, we walked around campus so that she could meet others, and ended in the office. That was the funniest part! Our sweet school secretary, Mrs. Dawn, was so super excited to meet her! Mrs. Dawn follows Lily's blog (Hi, Mrs. Dawn!) and so already feels like she knows Lil. She was so excited to meet her in person and had a fit of joy when I offered for her to hold Lily. It was great! Mrs. Dawn apologized to me, but said that Lily looks just like Tara. I know! Luckily, I love Tara like a blood sister, so having Lily look like her is wonderful to me. I think that it's nice. I love both of those ladies! A special treat for me, instead of pumping, I was able to feed Lily instead! It was wonderful. I tell you, although the pumping is a pain, I wouldn't trade nursing Lily for anything! I LOVE that special bond that we have.
Lily spent the day with Daddy, although Mrs. Dawn had offered to keep her all day long! He brought her downtown to Mimi's work. Of course, all the people there are kept constantly updated on Lily's growth by Mimi and feel like they know her, too! Mimi likes showing her off, so Eric brought her up. They all had lunch together and then came home.
When Tara and I got home from work, I did something I've never done. I laid on the couch with Lily and nursed her laying down. Then we cuddled while she napped. My mom, Nana, came right after work to hang out with us. We hung about for a little while and Nana took Lily with her. Nana wanted some Lily time, so we arranged for Lily to spend the evening with her while we went out to dinner for Katie's 31st birthday. (We went to Roberto's and it was fab-u-lous! Highly recommended!)
Nana brought Lily back to the house after they went to dinner. Mom called me at the restaurant, which really freaked me out, to say that although she'd fed Lily, Lily was still hungry - eating her hand and crying. I suggested feeding her the half-bottle in the fridge. When we got home, Mom said that it did the trick. Lily is wanting more and more food lately, so we will be bumping her up to five ounces now. My Little Pea is getting so big!
Friday night, Lily slept so well! She slept until 5:30, ate, and went back to sleep until about 8. She is amazing! Saturday, Lindsay came over to hang out with Lily so that I could clean the house. It was great. Linds and Lily came around with me for awhile while I cleaned. Then they went for a walk, cuddled, and played. It was great because I got to hang out with Lily and my friend, feed Lily, and get the house clean! What a great day!
We took her to Target and she stank it up! Monster poop right in the middle of the store! Up her back and down her legs. It was impressive!
Saturday night, we went out to dinner with Mimi and Pappy. Lily slept for most of the meal. She is so good. Such a good baby! She was tired, tired, tired when we got home! Since we are bumping up her ounces, we fed her the last four ounce bottle (with rice), and then I nursed her. She ate voraciously! Now she is sleeping and I am blogging. I hope I can keep this up. It makes me pause and reflect on how amazing she is. I think that times flies so fast and I really want to appreciate every day with her. She is already 16 weeks old! I can't believe it! I looked back at photos of her this week and could not believe how much bigger she is. She was so, so, so tiny and now she is getting bigger! At about eleven pounds, she is growing out of things and getting to wear things that are new.
I read to Lily the things that four month old babies should be able to do. She is a rock star!!! She can do almost everything on the list really well, and has been doing most of the things for weeks. The only things she needs to still develop are sitting independently and grabbing things that are placed near her hands. She is trying these things, but they are still weak skills. However, she is a rockstar at standing and supporting her own weight, tracking objects 180 degrees, smiling, laughing, holding her head to 90 degrees when on her tummy, and putting fingers/hands in or to her mouth. She is learning so much each day and it is such an honor to be able to watch every minute!






It's it amazing how quickly time flies when you have a little one! I can't get over how much she's filling out . . . LOVE those little rolls. I can't wait to have the summer off, so we can get to spend more time playing with her : )
ReplyDelete