Monday, May 9, 2011

May 1-7 Fifteen Weeks Old!

     On Sunday Lily did something she's never done before! She slept until 8:30! I awoke at 8, and thought that Eric had her. He woke up (he'd moved to the guest room because of his snoring) and thought that I had her. He came in looking for her and we realized that she was still sleeping! Amazing! She woke at 8:30 so happy. She was laughing and smiling. What a precious moment!
     I fed her, bathed her, and we headed to Mawmaw's where we visited for a few hours before Mimi kept her while we went to a crawfish boil. Mimi and Great-Nanny played with Lily while Tara, Eric, and I went to the Torrance residence for crawfish. We ate, laughed, and had a great time and then Tara went and picked up Lily a little later. They came back to the house and hung out for a little while before we left and came home. While we were there I laid her on the table on a blanket and we were playing with her. She is so funny! She was kicking like crazy! She was talking up a storm, cooing, gooing, and ahhing. Such amazing little baby noises. It is such a blessing to get to watch her grow and learn new things all the time. I was a bit nervous about breast feeding her after eating the crawfish, but she did GREAT! After feeding her, she had another bath (just because she LOVES it SO much!), and went to bed. I will have to post a video of her bathing soon. She thrashes about like nothing I've ever seen! She is so hilarious! It is the best time she's ever had every time!




     On Monday, Lily had her three month doctor's appointment. My boss was kind enough to let me go in to work a little late so that I could go. I really really did not want to miss it because it is always a wealth of information and only comes once a month. Luckily, she did not have to get a shot this time, just an oral suspension, which she sucked it down humorously! Anyway, the doctor said that she is looking perfect! I agree! LOL. She is 10 pounds 13 ounces, which is the 10th percentile. She's 24 inches long, the 75th percentile! Her head is 15 inches, 30th percentile. We were also told that we can mix a very wet, soupy rice cereal and begin teaching her about eating with a spoon. More on that later! Also, she must have known that I was going straight to work, because she gifted me with an eruption of vomit. It was all over the floor! Good thing she's cute!
     Work went very quickly and before I knew it, I was home! Lily and Granny were hanging out on the porch. I joined them and we hung out for a little while. Granny was so sweet and told me how lucky she felt she was to get to hang out with Lily so often. How amazing. I feel so blessed that she wants to be here with her!
     We went for our walk and when we got home, rice cereal on a spoon time! Holy mess! It was ALL over her face!
BEFORE:

DURING:


AFTER:
At the beginning, she was totally at a loss about what to do with the spoon and the cereal-soup. The longer we went on, the better she got at it. She got her tongue going and her mouth moving. It was messy and kind of gross, but totally adorable! She got a bit frustrated about 20 minutes in, so we quit. We'll try again later in the week!
     At 7:20 she began to squawk pretty loudly. I fed her and put her to bed. When she is ready for bed, she is ready!  
     Tuesday I got up a little early and fed Lily. I love feeding her so much. Usually she is a very sweet eater. She grabs my shirt with her tiny fist, or holds my hand. However, occasionally she eats like a piranha. She jerks her head, bangs me with her forehead, and twists and kicks her little body. Ouch. Makes me a little sore. Anyway, this morning was sweet and it was so nice to have this quiet time with her to start my day. I love her so much!
     Tuesday afternoon I came home to Granny giving Lily a private concert with an instrument called a psaltery. It is an ancient instrument that dates back to the biblical times. Lily was pretty happy to listen to music. She was ready to eat, so I fed her and we visited with Gran for a little while. A bit after that, Tara arrived and we went to shop for a bathing suit for Mommy. Eric and I are going to his company's family day on Saturday and my breastfeeding body will not fit into my usual suits. After trying on about a million, Lily and I chose one and we all headed back home. We had a nice evening at home. We cooked and ate dinner, hung out with Lily, watched Glee with her (she LOVES the music!), and went to bed early. It was wonderful!
     Wednesday was Pappy day! Lily loves Pappy day. She smiled at the crack of dawn when she saw him! I LOVE that she loves all of her caretakers.When I came home, they were hanging out on the front porch. It was unseasonably cool today and the porch felt amazing! We went for a walk/run and Lily slept for most of the trip around the neighborhood. When we got home, I tried once more with the spoon feeding. She got frustrated much more quickly today than the other day. Our feeding ended with a bit of screaming! To quell the crying, Lily got her favorite treat . . . a bath! After her bath, she hung out with Mimi for a while and then I fed her and put her to sleep. We are extremely fortunate that she loves her bed and is so easy to put down to sleep. I pray that this remains the case with her.



     Wednesday night, Mimi did Lily's 3:30am feeding, which let me keep resting. I miss feeding Lily on Wednesday nights, but relish the sleep! Also, Wednesday night, I received my first ever Mother's Day gift! My amazingly sweet and generous husband used his work bonus to purchase me a new iPhone 4. It is amazing. My old phone was on its last leg, so this new one is such a wonderful treat!
     I got up for work this morning and Lily was still sleeping. She was still asleep when I left for work, too! It was lovely so see her so soundly sleeping. She is beautiful when she sleeps! Mimi days are also great as I get picture texts of my Little Pea! When I got home from work, Lily was asleep. When she awoke, I got to feed her. Breastfeeding can be stressful (will I make enough milk??), painful (obvious reasons), and tiring (missed sleep and lost nutrients), but the bond and precious moments spent feeding Lily make up for it all! I really hope to be able to continue until she is a year!
     Friday was a Grampy day! It hadn't been Grampy Day in over a month, so I was a little nervous, but I left my phone numbers on the fridge and trudged to work. Work was actually great. We had a wonderful field trip and it was time to come home! Lily was amazing! She was sleeping when I got home, but not for long. She woke up and I had the pleasure of feeding her. I love feeding her. We had a little while before we needed to leave for Dinner Gang, so Lily and Tara took a sweet little nap first!

     We went to Izzo's for Dinner Gang this week and had the best time. We were there for a while when Lily decided for all of us that it was time to go! It was a little before 8:00, and she knew it! She is so funny. She had a baby internal clock for 8 o'clock at night. At that point, she. wants. bed! She does not want to wait, be distracted, or anything of the sort. She wants BED!!!!!!



      We brought her home and put her straight to bed. That's all she wanted! She slept well Friday night and woke up to hang out with daddy Saturday morning.
     We couldn't sleep in much Saturday morning as it was Eric's company's family day. BASF rented out a water park and we went to have a day of mommy and daddy fun. Mimi and Nanny came to play with Lily and Eric and I went to have grown up fun!
     We did have a great time, and Lily did too! They did so many things! They went to lunch, shopping, bought Lily a baby pool, she swam, they went for a walk to the lakes, and she was so happy all day long! While we were gone, they sent us a video clip of her "swimming"! She was so darned cute! They put her bath chair in the baby pool and had left it in the sun for a while to warm. Before she got in, they dragged it to the shade. She reclined in her little chair and kicked and cooed! She is such a little gem!
     Mimi and Nanny must have really worn her out! We put her to bed at 8 and she slept until 5:30!  What a great little sleeper! I fed her at 5:30 and she went back to sleep until after 7. Then, she and I had cuddle time in the recliner. It was amazing!
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment